Will Plex's New Strategy Push More People To XBMC
(2014-10-06, 17:22)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 17:04)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Plex is coming to Xbox One. http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/6/691807...es-on-xbox

Sure would be nice to see Kodi in the new consoles as well..

Honestly, I'm happy to see that MS approved their client. It's nice to see that not every company assumes a person's local library is either pirated content or not profitable (I think more companies simply care about pushing their own media offerings than they do about piracy).

As long as the GPL v2 license is respected, I don't think anyone has any major objection to such a thing. We just don't have anyone interested in doing it yet, and it would be a major undertaking. It's a lot easier for Plex to make a client from scratch that only has a small subset of features (compared to Kodi) than it is to actually port the full program over.

Of course, if someone wanted to make a Kodi "thin-client", that might be an option that could happen within the Xbox One's lifetime. It just would be a different project. Maybe done under the same XBMC Foundation organization, kind of like how we have both XBMC/Kodi and then we have their official smartphone remotes.

*shrug*
I agree having MS approve is very good.

You know I understand you guys are spread real thin already. From what I heard the PS4 is easier to code for more like PC games they say. I wonder if that would be a closest target for Kodi? Has any of the coders looked into this idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will Plex's New Strategy Push More People To XBMC1