Connecting two Raspberrys together
Hi,
I'm both a noob and not native english speaking - please bear with me.
I have just set up my Pi with XBMC as a media center for my home theater, and it works perfect. Now I want to build a NAS as well and connect my HDD to this so that I can stream pictures and movies from the NAS to the media center. I've bought a new Raspberry to do this but I'm not sure how to set the whole thing up..

.. should I connect the NAS Pi to the router via an ethernet cable and then stream wireless to the media center Pi,
OR is it possible to cennect the two Pi's via an ethernet cable? I just want to have lack-free streaming.

I suppose the media center should still have connection to the wireless network in order to scrap from movie databases, right?

I hope you guys can guide me here. Blush

By the way, the NAS is not programmed yet.

Theis, Denmark
Both should be hooked up to the same network - pref. using a cabled connection, if you want to be 100% sure to get lag-free streaming.
Raspberrypi must be the worst ever choice for a NAS with it's slow CPU (GPU is fine), shared USB (you do realize that the LAN NIC and your hard drive will be sharing that 30MB/s that USB.2.0 allows). Get a Pogoplug for 40 bucks and install Arch Linux ARM on it. Head over to archlinuxarm.org to see what devices are supported.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connecting two Raspberrys together0