• 15(current)
Feature Requests
Yeah in that case I'll be stuck (well actually my users will be). The funny thing is the wmc database has fields for episode and season number but they never get filled in, they are always both 0. When I played with re-namers the number of scrape failures after renaming were very small. The only ones that failed for me were Tom and Jerry episodes my youngest recorded - somehow he didn't seem to care.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-06-23, 17:57)krustyreturns Wrote: Yeah in that case I'll be stuck (well actually my users will be). The funny thing is the wmc database has fields for episode and season number but they never get filled in, they are always both 0. When I played with re-namers the number of scrape failures after renaming were very small. The only ones that failed for me were Tom and Jerry episodes my youngest recorded - somehow he didn't seem to care.

Is there an option like kricker is suggesting where alternative values are used for season and episode numbers? So if no match is found, perhaps the .nfo file simply has something like season=<year> and episode=<two digit month><two digit day>. e.g. if something was recorded today, season=2014 and episode=0623
Sure, that would be easy. Actually it would probably make more sense to use the original air-date if its different than the recording date. The only part that would be tricky is only doing this if the scraper failed. Hopefully it will be okay to add this info to the nfo in all cases.
(2014-06-23, 18:19)krustyreturns Wrote: Sure, that would be easy. Actually it would probably make more sense to use the original air-date if its different than the recording date. The only part that would be tricky is only doing this if the scraper failed. Hopefully it will be okay to add this info to the nfo in all cases.

sounds great!
Tom & Jerry is one of the shows I record for my son as well...and when it doesn't show up in the TV library, it is a problem. I think the original air-date would be best if that data is known, with the recorded date as a fall back. I like the idea of season being the year and the episode being the month and day. Someone may need to test if an episode with such a high value as December 31st (1231) will work with XBMC's TV database.

I haven't played with this PVR add-on, but how do the recordings get managed? With NPVR each series has it's own folder, with the episodes going into that folder. Then the ImageGrabLite tool creates a .nfo file for the series inside each series folder and .nfo files for the separate episodes.

I'd be happy to help beta test this feature request if needed.
Thanks for the offer kricker. To answer your question, wmc manages the recordings and it stores them in flat directory, it uses metadata to display them as a hierarchical list using the series name as top level. We have xbmc do the same in the live-tv list.

I agree, before we try this code-wise it would be nice to know if LehighBri's idea works (hand edit an nfo anyone?). Also if it does work, I am talking about always adding this to the nfo file, not just adding it if scraping fails - since I can't determine if scraping fails in serverwmc. The other question I have is: if the nfo contains the series/episode data, will xbmc display it with hierarchy even if we maintain the flat directory?
Hi Krusty,

I didn't read all of these posts. Most were really old, and did not apply.

Great product. I wished I could help, but I barely seem to have time to get my wife's requirements done around the house.

On to requests:

This could already be requested, or it could be a lack of me having something configured correctly.

When I view TV Channels - All TV channels, I see all channels that my tuner is picking up (3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 6.1, 6.2, 7.1, 7.2, etc.):

When I go to the EPG - Timeline, I see only the main channels (3.1, 6.1, 7.1, etc.), not the minor channels.

Would this an issue with XBMC or with one of the tools (ServerWMC or pvr.wmc Addon)?

Also, is it possible to tune into the currently selected station when looking at the TV Channels - All TV channels screen?
Hi jp,

I think this problem is due to a weird setting in the live-tv area of xbmc. So go to Settings>Live TV>General, then I think you'll probably need to enable 'expert' level settings. Turn on 'use backend channel numbers...'. or something like that. Let me know if that solves it.
probably also a good idea to "Reset PVR database" and "Reset EPG database" under the LiveTV General and EPG settings screens, after making a change like this (ive encountered strange issues when old channels/numbers are in the database from previous incarnations etc)
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Something isn't working, or I am in the wrong spot.

I went into Settings > TV, where everything seems to be enabled:

In the Channel Manager, you can see everything there:

But when I attempt to Search for channels, I get the informational message telling me, "None of the connected PVR backends supports scanning for channels."

Is that where the problem is?
Nope, scanning for channels isn't needed from within XBMC since we just use wmc for that

What krusty was saying is that xbmc Epg grid had a weird quirk/bug where it isnt showing your sub channels due to some numbering problem. They are there (you can see them in channel manager) they just aren't being shown in the EPG grid (XBMC bug?)

Your screenshot shows you don't have backend numbering being used, because the channels are numbered 1 2 3 (in brackets on the left) rather than 3.1 3.2 etc.

Did you reset PVR database like I said?

Play with that use backend channel numbering setting try having it on and off, make sure to reset PVR database after making the change. I'm sure one of the ways will work
You probably want to reset the EPG database as well Settings>Live TV>EPG I have found the reset works better if you disable the pvr.wmc addon first then re enable it after resetting the databases
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Yeah I did mention PVR and EPG the first time, but quite correct to pull me up on only mentioning PVR the second Smile

Dilligaf, I haven't ever had a need to disable/enable the addon to do the PVR/EPG resets, can you give any info as to why it works better for you (eg what doesn't work well if you didn't disable the addon first?)
OK, I got the PVR and EPG both reset, and there was no change.

So, I went in again, disabled the pvr client, then reset the PVR and EPG databases - both times I reset, it took me to the Select a PVR Client page, but I just backed out and kept going.

There was no change. The "side channels" (for lack of what else to call them) just are not showing up. I'm pretty sure they were there before, though.

Dilligaf & scarecrow, are you two seeing the side channels? This assumes, of course, that one or both of you are using OTA television and that both of you have the latest Server.WMC and pvr client.

I've also been playing around with trying to get a smart playlist to display Cartoons for my kids (another thread on here), and apparently that works a lot better with the AEON MQ5 skin. So, the next time I post a screenshot, you will likely see it. Just be prepared. Smile

OK, it is getting late. The family has already turned in, and my alarm clock will go off at 4:40 AM. I'm turning in for the night.
Sorry, I remember now, you need to turn off "use backend channel numbers...". If you have this on, xbmc tries to number channels using the backend values but xbmc doesn't do sub channels so you end up losing them all in the epg (confusing right?).

I just confirmed on my laptop that its what is causing your problem. After you turn it off, you need to reset the pvr database like scarecrow and dilligaf said, before you see changes.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests1