• 23(current)
Feature Requests
From my separate thread.

For populating the timers listing for any series that does not have a currently scheduled timer populate the scheduled time as 12/31/9999 (or some other future time) so they sort to the bottom of the timers list when looking at upcoming recordings.
Good idea, I'll check it out.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
@kmarq, this feature was added to preview release 1231.
(2016-06-23, 19:25)krustyreturns Wrote: @kmarq, this feature was added to preview release 1231.

OMG. What a messy hack.
(2016-06-24, 09:05)ksooo Wrote:
(2016-06-23, 19:25)krustyreturns Wrote: @kmarq, this feature was added to preview release 1231.

OMG. What a messy hack.

What else would you suggest? This gets the series timers that don't have a future recording out of the way, and helps un-clutter the timers screen.

Ideally Kodi should have an upcoming recordings section and a series manager section. In upcoming you you could see scheduled recordings coming in the future. In series manager you get the rules for all scheduled shows whether they have an upcoming episode to record or not. That's how most PVRs handle this type of thing.
(2016-06-24, 16:17)kmarq Wrote:
(2016-06-24, 09:05)ksooo Wrote:

OMG. What a messy hack.

What else would you suggest? This gets the series timers that don't have a future recording out of the way, and helps un-clutter the timers screen.

Ideally Kodi should have an upcoming recordings section and a series manager section. In upcoming you you could see scheduled recordings coming in the future. In series manager you get the rules for all scheduled shows whether they have an upcoming episode to record or not. That's how most PVRs handle this type of thing.

Kodi Krypton does exactly this. Try the nightly build. ;-)
(2016-06-24, 16:19)ksooo Wrote: Kodi Krypton does exactly this. Try the nightly build. ;-)

I will have to check that out. I haven't been following Krypton very closely at this point. I knew I had seen some discussion of doing this but never followed where it ended up.

Either way, thanks Krusty for the short term fix. I will make my house much happier. I'll give this a try tonight.
(2015-12-15, 14:19)scarecrow420 Wrote: have you tried using an alternative WOL tool just to figure out if the problem is that the WOL sent by Kodi does not seem to work, or that your box somehow isnt being woken by WOL even from another WOL tool?

Hi sorry for the late reply--something up with my notifications.

I have tested it.

http://wol.aquilatech.com/ for example wakes it right up.

edit: just a stab in the dark, but I see I have the addon set to the use the computer's name (can't use ip it's dynamic in my set up). But how about mac address? That wol utility uses that.
(2016-06-25, 04:36)Snazzy Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 14:19)scarecrow420 Wrote: have you tried using an alternative WOL tool just to figure out if the problem is that the WOL sent by Kodi does not seem to work, or that your box somehow isnt being woken by WOL even from another WOL tool?

Hi sorry for the late reply--something up with my notifications.

I have tested it.

http://wol.aquilatech.com/ for example wakes it right up.

edit: just a stab in the dark, but I see I have the addon set to the use the computer's name (can't use ip it's dynamic in my set up). But how about mac address? That wol utility uses that.

It's been a while since implementing this but from memory ServerWMC will send it's MAC address to the Kodi client when it connects, then that is the MAC address the client uses for a future WOL request. The ServerWMC log should have some stuff about the MAC address it is using, if you have more than one network interface on the server it could be possible ServerWMC is using the wrong one (in which case you can make config file changes to ServerWMC to nominate the MAC address that should be used).

If all that seems to be in order then I guess we should see a Kodi debug log when the WOL is being sent, just to see if any additional info is there. We aren't actually doing the WOL request ourself, we are just telling Kodi to do it, and I'd assume Kodi's WOL functionality would be standard/universal. There is some info here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Wake_on_lan

Actually, reading that page makes me wonder if that Kodi setting has to be enabled, in order for Kodi to send the WOL when we request it...
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Very interesting. I will investigate both logs in the daylight. The addon wakes it right up if the server has very recently been on, somehow that is a clue.

Oh wakeonlan.xml, didn't know about that.

Will mess with that too.

Cheers!
Alright, rolling this back...

Couldn't get it to wake with Kodi or the utility today. That'd be nice to fix, but clearly that has nothing to do with your fine addon.

Except the feature request: If it could fail quieter. Right now when it fails to wake, the addon is so spammy Kodi is unusable. So I have to turn it off, or go to the room with the server and push the damn button. Lazy maybe, but I see the frustration that prompted the original post.

I don't know that I can fix wol on that server. Seem to have it set right, and threw an hour of Sunday at it.

Thanks for the efforts!
And update: Fixed the server, now it wakes right up. If you have a Dude it's a free Dell server like me (I have 2), you need the nic enabled in the boot devices in bios. I still recommend a quieter fail/waking attemps for the WMC addon if WoL doesn't work. But don't worry about me!
I'll admit I didn't read through 23 pages of previous requests to see if this is a repeat, but I did do a keyword search and didn't find anything. It would be really nice to be able to get a notification if the tuner status is unavailable or disconnected. I have had a few times where something gets screwed up and a show doesn't record and when I go to look at serverwmc I see that the tuners are disconnected. Usually a simple restart fixes the issue, but to have a notification as soon as serverwmc notices something is disconnected would prevent missed recordings.

Ideally the notification would be via an automated email or text or something like that, but if that is annoying to implement, even just creating a text file in a dropbox folder that could be monitored by something like IFTTT would be a workable solution.

Thanks!
Serverwmc doesn't record anything, only WMC does. Do you mean your tuners are disconnected from WMC too? If so, yeah we can look at adding that, but why do you have this problem in the first place?
(2016-07-29, 17:14)krustyreturns Wrote: Serverwmc doesn't record anything, only WMC does. Do you mean your tuners are disconnected from WMC too? If so, yeah we can look at adding that, but why do you have this problem in the first place?

Yes, it means they are disconnected from WMC as well. Haven't been able to figure out the underlying issue as it happens so sporadically (like once every month or so), but on the days that it does happen, the notification would be nice. Thank!
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests1