Win XBMC has stopped working - Help please!
Hi,

Today XBMC has suddenly stopped working, it crashes instantly when I open it with the error "XBMC has stopped working". It was working perfectly yesterday.

The only thing I can think of which might have caused this were some Windows updates which I did today.

I am using the stable release 12.2 I have also tried the nightly version dated 26.11.13

I have uninstalled and re-installed 12.2, I have deleted the XBMC folder under /appdata/Roaming

I have googled and searched this forum for a solution but no luck.

I can't think of what else to try, can anyone help please?

Here is a screenshot of the error:

Unfortunately I am unable to provide an xbmc.log, as debugging was not enabled and I can't get to the menu to enable it. Sad

I am running Windows 7 64 bit, not sure what other details would help.

Thanks for any help.
You can enable debug logging outside of the running XBMC application by creating a text file named advancedsettings.xml (wiki) in your userdata (wiki) directory with the following contents:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

When you launch XBMC, debugging is automatically enabled.
(2013-11-26, 22:30)artrafael Wrote: You can enable debug logging outside of the running XBMC application by creating a text file named advancedsettings.xml (wiki) in your userdata (wiki) directory with the following contents:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

When you launch XBMC, debugging is automatically enabled.

Ah, thanks

I've done that now and here is the xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/suH60Wiz

Does that shed any light?

Edit: I don't think this issue is XBMC related. I just tried to run a few Steam games and 4/5 of them crashed instantly with the "xxx has stopped responding" error. I will seek help on a windows specific forum, unless you have any ideas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC has stopped working - Help please!0