How to "query info for all files" for albums
for videos, you are able to "query info for all files" to automagically retrieve movie info and thumbnails/icons from imdb.com for a list of videos. the same as pressing the info button on the remote (not sure what the controller equivalent is) for every file in the current directory.

now you are able to press info on an album to retrieve album info and thumbnails/icons. but where is the "query info for all"? i know you can "scan" the mp3 info into the database for all files, but what about the album info and thumbs?

i've the query all to get thumbs for 400+ movies, i'd like to get thumbs for the 400+ albums now.. automatically!

obviously using the "best guess" match rate for names is fine. worked a treat for movies.
it doesnt exist.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
which is a shame imho... thats why my videos are neat and tidy and my music has all the tags setup nicely but no covers. Smile

would be a really nice feature to have in music.
feel free to implement it. it would be a trivial task. everything is already present to support such a feature, including a scoring system to guess the best match.

but, you need to recognize there is a huge difference between videos and music. the majority of music files support meta data and its widely used. so, we dont need to scrape info to import music into the database.

while some video containers support meta data (avi and mkv), its has not been widely accepted, nor does xbmc support reading this info. thus, the only way to find meta data for videos, was to use scrape info from imdb.com, so that a video database could be created.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yes this is a very missing feature. a very trivial task having to do it manually for every album.

while you are at it, please make it look at the artist too. i have this format for folders "artist - album", but when searching it seems to only look for album name which then results in never actually finding the album. for example "soulfly - 3"
while i'm at itHuhHuh??

lol!

i'm not the genius coder kraqh3d is and i know exactly how busy these guys are... if/when they are ready i'm all for it.

if there not "i fully understand"
hehe, give it a go. maybe'll learn something Wink

if only a day had more than 24 hours i would be all over this project but with a new house, wife, kid and another on the way, there is lille time for "hobby" coding.

xbmc is the best but there is always room for improvements - even more than there already is coming all the time. can't wait till the x360 is hacked and xbmc and media portal can remerge adding recording and hd playback Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to "query info for all files" for albums0