Bug Settings unprotected
It's not "really" a bug, but I think the access of SkinSetting.xml should be restricted when Lock is active.

If I call SkinSetting window from , say, Home.xml I am granted access even if I locked down ALL settings.

I say it's a Bug because tecnically any subnode of Settings should be locked.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
Ah, good catch!

I get the feeling that we'll eventually see some revamp of the lock feature, given that we now have settings levels in Gotham and being able to lock a level or enable a kiosk level was one thing discussed. Skin settings and even add-on settings would be logical targets to include in such a revamp. I don't know if anyone specific is planning on doing this, at least any time soon, or what it would involve, but I think it's safe to say that it would be a welcome feature improvement :)
(2013-11-27, 21:25)Ned Scott Wrote: Ah, good catch!

I get the feeling that we'll eventually see some revamp of the lock feature, given that we now have settings levels in Gotham and being able to lock a level or enable a kiosk level was one thing discussed. Skin settings and even add-on settings would be logical targets to include in such a revamp. I don't know if anyone specific is planning on doing this, at least any time soon, or what it would involve, but I think it's safe to say that it would be a welcome feature improvement Smile

Blush
Image Image
should I trac this?
Image Image
Nah, right now we only use Trac for bug reports and not feature requests.
Image Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings unprotected0