Xbox One + Xbmc-RasPi, HDMI handshake refresh? Anyone try?
So..... I have an mini-ITX Zotac ION-A (intel Atom first gen) PC running full ubuntu and xmbc. It works.... ok. I'm having issues with handshake request issues with HDMI, basically, if the receiver and monitor are not on before the Linux box is, everything fails spectacularly. Bascially, every time I turn on, and wait 30s for boot, about 1/2 the time I need to switch inputs on my receiver until the HDMI agrees to work.

I'm considering dropping the PC and instead getting a RasbPI. I heard they do 1080p, and none of my media is stored on the local box anyhow so I think as long as XbmcPi allows for SMB / network shares this should work (still need to look into this).

What I really want to know is if anyone has hooked an OpenElec or other PI up to an Xbox One? Does the hdmi handshaking allow for this? Does the XMBC box have to be ON before the Xbox? If I turn the xbmc on after I've switched over, can I still get HDMI to come up?

I basically know nothing about PI in general except that it should be powerful enough to do what my current HTPC is doing (JUST streaming 1080p from network) but it would be great to know going in if anyone has tried this with an Xbox One's HDMI IN then out to a receiver.
You need to extract the edid from the TV, point the nvidia to use the extracted edid instead of the TVs and the PC will think that the TV is always on/connected.
(2013-11-27, 23:09)teeedubb Wrote: You need to extract the edid from the TV, point the nvidia to use the extracted edid instead of the TVs and the PC will think that the TV is always on/connected.

That's a great trick (getting the Xbox's EDID). So.... I wonder if that would also work for the xbox in the case that it would have the same refresh issues?
Not sure, but it should - it would make the htpc think that thd Xbox one is always on and connected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One + Xbmc-RasPi, HDMI handshake refresh? Anyone try?0