Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc?
If I use something like The Scheduler, how do I tell xbmc to reset the EPG (like what happens when you click on "reset epg" in Live TV, and tell it to reboot. I'd prefer they be two seperate processes so I can adjust their startup time.
I don't know of any way to trigger the EPG reset remotely at the moment. More importantly, why do you need to do this?
A great feature request (I'd like to have a "reset EPG DB every x ours) !

Why - obviously XMBC has a lot of trouble to obtain a consistent epg database. After 1 - 2 days epg data are getting corrupt more an more (in XBMCs database; starting and ending times); only LiveTV->EPG->Reset EPG database and reloading from pvr backend helps to get no corrupt information - I do it manually every day to avoid broken timers. Maybe it's solved in Gotham, but in Frodo it's pain in the ass ..

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
I have never experienced that at all, and I never close XBMC. Maybe the addon is at blame?
it is
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Well.. In the interim while the add on is becoming stable. I would love to do this. Am I hearing that it's not possible?
At the moment I don't think it's possible. The best approach would be to add a method for resetting the EPG to the JSON-RPC API, similar to VideoLibrary.Clean.
Or get the add-on dev to fix the add-on…….
I've never understood why xbmc needs it's own epg database when it is stored on the backend's database anyway. Why not just query the backend?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I guess querying the database is faster than quering the backend directly. Most of the time absolutely up-to-date information is not needed anyway.
Thank you for the feedback!
there is an option in XBMC to not store data in the EPG database isnt there? I have that option set myself, so that way everyytime XBMC starts up it requests fresh EPG from the backend rather than only every X hours when it is caching things in it's database. You could set this option, then just restart XBMC every X amount of time (rather than reset EPG database every X hours)
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc?0