Adding Logos to WMC PVR
1. Set your Channel display format to {1}-{0} instead of {1}/{0}

2. Rename your logos to call sign-number.extension. Example KDKADT2-2.1.jpg.

3. Restart the server.

4. Set your default folder for PVR thumbnails to where your logos are stored (Settings/Live TV/Menu-OSD)

5. If you add new logos, you will need to restart XMBC. or scan for missing channels under (Settings/Live TV/Menu-OSD.
I finally got it added to the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR...C#Manually

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the delay.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Guys, is this to work around a bug/limitation in our backend? Or this is more to use channel logos directly in XBMC rather than setting them up in WMC then having our server send them to XBMC? Obviously the slash in the defauilt channel display was causing file path issues? I dont have custom channel logos setup in WMC - I went to do it once but the site everyone uses (my channel logos) seemed to be offline for weeks. Also it seemed that you had to pay for their software... I dont care about logos that much lol... But if we have an issue Id like to track it/fix it
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
My understanding is that it is to use channel logos directly in XBMC rather than setting them up in WMC. You are correct that you have to pay for the software to set them up in WMC. It's $5 and works great but I see your point. I'm lazy, it was worth it to me.

I know there was more to it. I think there might have been some issue with the way SWMC and the 'Cahnnel manager' interact with each other. Maybe spin can remember and comment. Otherwise I'll dig back through the main thread and find it when I'm not so tired.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Hah $5, Im sure that wouldnt have deterred me... Like I say my main impediment was that the site seemed to be AWOL over a couple of weeks everytime i tried to get to it so I gave up. It seems to be up now so I may look more into it

So this info is how to do channel logos natively in XBMC? If you do them in WMC, is our backend correctly transferring to XBMC now etc?
(2013-12-02, 07:22)scarecrow420 Wrote: So this info is how to do channel logos natively in XBMC? If you do them in WMC, is our backend correctly transferring to XBMC now etc?

To the best of my knowledge, yes, if you have used MyChannelLogosXL to add the logos directly to WMC, then ServerWMC will properly transfer them to the clients.

This info, if I understand correctly, is for manually adding them to XBMC. If you go pull the logos off Google for example, this procedure will allow them to populate in the EPG.

There is a Channel Manager interface in XBMC which should allow you to add them there along with editing channel lists, names, etc. Last time I tried, that section was not playing nice with pvr.wmc. Basically when I tried it, you could go in, add the logos, change the names, add/remove channels, etc. and it would work until you restarted XBMC. As soon as you restarted, it defaulted back to the info being provided by the backend (actually from WMC). I don't know if that is something that needs to be addressed or if we even can.
I suspect there is a bug with logos, channel manager and WMXCserver. If I had to guess the server is either not receiving them, saving them or sending them or a combination.

Frankly I fail to understand the logic of having to communicate to he backend at all for logos. Sure it should be an option but there is no reason whay the backend should need to be involved. Obviously it isn't when you ise the directory / naming method.
I think the backend is only involved because alot of people would have set channel logos in WMC, and krusty wanted to implement a way to have XBMC automatically pick those up. ServerWMC dumps them from WMC into a directory and then when it sends across the channels to remote XBMC clients it sets the icon path on the Channel. I guess this means if you had setup stuff on the XBMC side it would get overwritten when we add the channel from the backend again? But since XBMC requests the channels every so often I wonder how this is "supposed to" work if users do use the XBMC channel manager to set icons and so on...
Oh I completely understand why the backend should handle the icons. But it should be an option in channel manager.

As far channel manager, I think it relies on the backend storing those icons.
Yeah, I figured if you paid $5 for channel logos in wmc you would want them imported to xbmc.

If users think the logo path setup in xbmc is being overwritten by the wmc logo path, they can disable the import of wmc channel logos in the server gui.

Spinnakers find in the OP is related to the fact that you can point xbmc to a directory for channel logos, and it will find them automatically IF the image files stored there have the same name as the channel. The problem is, I let users specify the format they want to use for a channel name, and my default format had a '/' - which hosed the file names (good thinking on my part - as usual). That's why spinnaker's first step is to change the format.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
so does our backend store these logos there in that format, regardless of whether you have the "import channel logos" enabled or disabled? Also I guess we should change the default name format so that it works with less work arounds
(2013-12-03, 02:42)scarecrow420 Wrote: so does our backend store these logos there in that format, regardless of whether you have the "import channel logos" enabled or disabled? Also I guess we should change the default name format so that it works with less work arounds

No, if our stuff is importing from wmc it uses the wmc names for the channel images and it stores them in a place where remote clients can access them (tempxbmc). The default image folder is just an xbmc feature and it requires you to setup the images in the folder yourself (spinnakers post).

Yes, we should change the default name.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Logos to WMC PVR1