Proxy doesn't work
Hello,

I'm using XBMC on Openelec for my Rasberry Pi.
When I try to let it pass it's internet traffic through a proxy server, it simply won't go through it.
I figured this out, cause even if I type random stuff in the address bar OR shutdown my proxy.... every stream still works.

How is this possible??
Okay, I have figured out my own way to do it 'under the hood' of OpenELEC actually. Works a charm and can see my favourite streams finally Smile

Case closed!
hi..

can you explain what you did to fix it?
Please explain!!! I'm suffering the same fate where the proxy setting is flat-out ignored.

I have an awesome geo-deny config too, yet I can't use it.
The proxy setting in Internet Settings in XBMC doesn't take effect right away - you'll need to exit and restart XBMC or reboot, did you try that ?

Haven't tried it in OpenELEC but it definitely works for me in Raspbmc.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-06-26, 19:47)DBMandrake Wrote: The proxy setting in Internet Settings in XBMC doesn't take effect right away - you'll need to exit and restart XBMC or reboot, did you try that ?

I have the same problem, it doesn`t work with proxies. I have tried two different private proxies but still no luck. Exit and reboot didn`t help...

Will this also work with a vpn? I am located in the UK and found this comparison http://www.vpncomparison.org/country/uk/. Ipvanish and Hidemyass seem like a good deal or what would you guys recommend if I can`t get the proxies to work?
(2014-09-17, 22:45)andre89 Wrote:
(2014-06-26, 19:47)DBMandrake Wrote: The proxy setting in Internet Settings in XBMC doesn't take effect right away - you'll need to exit and restart XBMC or reboot, did you try that ?

I have the same problem, it doesn`t work with proxies. I have tried two different private proxies but still no luck. Exit and reboot didn`t help...

Will this also work with a vpn? I am located in the UK and found this comparison http://www.vpncomparison.org/country/uk/. Ipvanish and Hidemyass seem like a good deal or what would you guys recommend if I can`t get the proxies to work?

I think that Hidemyass isn't even close to IPVanish or Express VPN. Check this UK vpn comparison
Hi,
Did you found a solution to get proxy setting working ?
Thanks
You should try some affordable vpn .. its faster and better than proxy
Closing the thread. The OP has resolved their issue and the thread is going off topic from support to a discussion about VPN.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proxy doesn't work0