Home Media Server Help
My uncle is looking to setup a home media server so his kids can watch their movies whenever/wherever. My idea was taking a Raspberry Pi and running XBMC on it but he needs a way to rip all his DVDs. I need help finding a solution that he can pop in the DVD, rip it, uploads it to the media server, pops out DVD, rinse and repeat. Basically something that is as automated as possible and user friendly as possible.
Just use a DVD player and discs.
(2013-11-29, 23:08)surfinbox Wrote: Just use a DVD player and discs.

That was helpful.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm fairly sure Handbrake can do that. Sure, it has lots of options, but just don't touch them and there should be a preference for automatic behavior when a disc is inserted.
dvdfab hd decrypter is a free tool to rip discs to the hard drive you can rip straight to vob files but also can rip and convert to other formats not sure if that function is free though the best and easiest would probably be MakeMKV as the name suggest you load your disc in and start it and it rips directly to a MKV File on the Fly
Many people want to compress a DVD, there is no reason for a 4.7GB DVD to take 4.7GB on a hard drive the way makemkv will do it.

Get it on the hard drive as an mkv with makemkv by all means, but you'll probably want to use handbrake or avidemux to compress it to h264 after that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Media Server Help0