Help with custom sections
I'm trying to migrate from Plex to XBMC, however I'm a little stuck with custom video sections.

I have movies, TV shows, and then want a menu from the main screen called Documentaries.

The documentaries don't really fit as 'movies' or 'TV shows', so I just want them listed by folder, and using screenshots from the videos for the images is fine.

I've tried adding a new file location called Documentaries, the options for 'Set content' is Music videos, TV shows, Movies, or None. I've tried all the options anyway.

Then created a smart playlist, again I have to select the different type: episodes, music videos, tv shows, movies, mixed, and set it to "where path contains "e:\documentaries"

I tried setting the file location to TV shows, and the smart playlist to episodes, but that didn't work either. That just incorrectly scans my documentaries, and tries listing them like a TV show, with seemingly no way to change the default view for the custom 'documentaries' menu to folder view.

Could someone please advise the simplest way to achieve what I want? I'm using Aeon MQ5 skin, I just want a custom menu on the main screen called 'Documentaries', which points to a local folder called e:\documentaries and lists the contents by folder view.

Many thanks if someone can help.
Go to your Documentaries folder and set it as a favorite using the context menu. Then you should be able to add a custom home item using that favorite.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with custom sections0