epg/pvr initialization
Not sure this is the right place. I have been testing xbmc as a front end to WMC live and recorded tv. It works extremely well for the most part. One of the nags is that it takes a long time for the epg guide and pvr initialization to finish. Would a centralized mysql database speed this up?
My windows media center is running on a different machine on a gige network.
I don't think using a centralized database will make it any faster, unless your client is a Raspberry Pi? Post a debug log in case there's anything fishy going on during the initialization process.
How long does this process typically take? I know it depends on the size of the guide, network speed and computer speed.
For me it takes about 2-3 seconds.
Wow. That would not be an issue. I am running this on old hardware right now. Looking to build new htpc. Trying to decide on cpu platform.
the speed also depends (a lot) on the add-on and backend

using a centralised db will even make things a bit slower. you can disable storing the epg data in a db if you like, but it won't speed up the initial import much (storing the data happens in the background). it's useful for slow cpu/disk platforms, to reduce the load after the import.

with tvheadend, the import speed is acceptable even on a slow rpi, and you shouldn't be (re)starting XBMC much anyway Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
epg/pvr initialization0