WIP Let's Play A Game: Help Me Build My New Server
I have that very same CPU and Case combo together with a Silverstone PSU (a ST50F-P ATX that should be, in theory, more silent than your SFX PSU) in my build, and the thing it's bloody noisy for my taste. I even tried replacing the stock fans by Noctua's, but the PSU noise easily overcomes everything else unfortunately.

You should be OK if you plan on sticking it inside a closet though.

PS: I would have picked the non-k CPU version so that you could try the server virtualization route one day (the k version doesn't have VT-d).
Monkey, did Christmas get in the way of this build? I was curious to see how it came together for you.
(2013-12-14, 21:38)Qtrmeg Wrote: Monkey, did Christmas get in the way of this build? I was curious to see how it came together for you.

a few hiccups with shipping services and such - i just got the last of the stuff in yesterday in fact. will definitely be on it over the next few days and will update here ASAP
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Let's Play A Game: Help Me Build My New Server0