Raspbmc & WMC PVR Channel Logos
I think the issue with @ symbol in username originally was because of the way SMB paths are formatted

smb://user:[email protected]

If you have an @ in user, then things go bad. I think the fix was to replace the @ symbol with the URL encoding for that character (%40).

It would be interesting to know whether the issue was case sensitivity after all. Also I know at some point someone did have a pipe (|) in their password which will stuff up our client->server messaging, as the fields are delimited by pipe characters...
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2013-12-05, 00:39)Dilligaf Wrote: I'm multi boot, win 7, win 8.1, ubuntu, win 7 x86 and probably a few more. I'm on a domain since I updated WHS to Server 2012 Essentials so Win 8 no longer asks for an email login but it used to.

Geez. I have windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 but different drives. Shutdown the PC and swap the drive. Everytime a new OS comes out, I keep my data as they were and swap the drive. You can never know when you'll be looking for something that you accidentally deleted. I have the multi boot screen. If you forgot to select one and it selects one for you then you realized that's not the one you wanted to use Big Grin. I do the same thing with my macbook pro too. I use CCC. It's an application that allows you to make an exact, bit by bit, replication of you hard drive. After backing up the drive, you an boot your computer from it.
(2013-12-05, 06:07)scarecrow420 Wrote: I think the issue with @ symbol in username originally was because of the way SMB paths are formatted

smb://user:[email protected]

If you have an @ in user, then things go bad. I think the fix was to replace the @ symbol with the URL encoding for that character (%40).

It would be interesting to know whether the issue was case sensitivity after all. Also I know at some point someone did have a pipe (|) in their password which will stuff up our client->server messaging, as the fields are delimited by pipe characters...

If it helps. I am willing to test various scenarios to see what works. It would of been easier if the app had a function to test the credentials before accepting them.
Thats a good idea although currently the server doesnt talk to the clients (only clients talk to the server, if you know what i mean) so there is no way to "check with the clients" if what you have entered will work for them. And having the check just performed on the server side probably doesnt catch the most common problem which is where non windows machines cant access things. Although yes possibly that would help with illegal characters and things like that though...
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
It's 1:00 AM here in NY and I just got home from work. Cold and sick as a dog so don't judge any irrational suggestions I make Big Grin
Out of the top of my head right now, this how I would attempt to implement this. I would parse any keys the user types. If an invalid character in entered, one I know Lunix would not accept, I would catch it and handle it by letting the user know in advanced that it would not work. When both username and password are entered successfully, I would call my authenticate function which would authenticate them against windows not the clients. In this case johndoe@MICROSOFT.com would return and error but john wouldn't. If username John and password 12345 works in windows they should work on the remote location as well. Simply add a tooltip labeled "username is case sensitive". Windows will accept John, john but Lunix wouldn't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc & WMC PVR Channel Logos0