Win Remove radio from Live TV tab
I am using XBMC Frodo with the default skin. Is there a way to edit the Live TV tab to remove the "Radio" button and add a TV Guide/EPG button instead? I would also like to rename the Timer button to maybe "Scheduled Recordings" is this possible?
There is already a button for the EPG, it's below the radio button. To remove the radio button you'll have to modify the correct skin XML file.

To rename the Timer button you need to edit the appropriate language file (can't remember exactly where they're located, search for "english" in the directory XBMC is installed in and you'll find it).
(2013-12-04, 21:33)negge Wrote: There is already a button for the EPG, it's below the radio button. To remove the radio button you'll have to modify the correct skin XML file.

To rename the Timer button you need to edit the appropriate language file (can't remember exactly where they're located, search for "english" in the directory XBMC is installed in and you'll find it).

The EPG is not on the home screen. I know that the EPG is in the side menu but that is inconvenient. if you want to get to the guide from the home screen you have to select live tv, radio, recordings, or timer then open the side menu, and navigate to the EPG. It would be much easier if it was on the home screen.

I have no experience with editing skin XML files. I did some reading in the wiki but couldn't make heads or tails of it, tried any way but didn't get the results I was looking for. I am not a programmer so this is a steep leaning curve for me.
You can also map a button on your remote to the EPG view - most remotes have a "Guide" button. It may even work out of the box on some remotes.
I have a harmony remote set up as the windows MCE keyboard so I have every key on the keyboard avaliable on my remote. Is there a keyboard shortcut that would bring up the EPG from the home screen? If not how do I map the guide button to bring up the EPG?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove radio from Live TV tab0