The kit has just arrived but not qpuite sure...
where to start. I Have the Pi Hut pre-installed xbmc and ordered the wireless USB, HDMI cable. Now what should I do before powering up? I have a laptop with a HDMI port and a tv with one. Do I need to use a network cable first? or What. I don't want to screw up the networking settings. Perhaps there is some detailed instructions somewhere? Thanks.
You won't ruin the network settings. The moment you plug in your ethernet cable it will automatically connect.
Just don't connect the RBPi via HDMI to the HDMI port of your notebook - as this would make no sense Wink. Just plug it into your TV or AVR and power it up and see how to go forward from there...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok, then to plug into my TV first I have to use wifi from the start (not the rj45). So do I have to go into my router and fix the Pi's IPAddress or go into the Pi and set it there? Note also I have not got a keyboard so will need to connect to xbmc from my iPAD.
Normal practice is to let the router decide on the IP address (ie, use DHCP) - you may be able to arrange to always allocate the same IP address, but it depends on the router.
If the results of booting the Pi can be seen (on the TV?), then you'll be able to see what the network address is, as it will be announced when a connection is 'found'.
Several of the controller modules can show you what network connections they can 'see', but i don't have an iPad, so cannot answer for that - it's worth a try, just to see what happens.
Derek
Also for a start - if your TV supportes some sort of CEC (like smartlink or something) you will be able to control XBMC with your tv remote from the start on. So you should be ok setting up your network after booting it up the first time.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Many thanks, I will report back if I get any problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The kit has just arrived but not qpuite sure...0