Mac mini 2009 - latest XBMC won't open
hello
i have just downloaded the XBMC 12.2 and transfer it to my application folder.
when i run the app the icon is show in the bar (jumping) but disappear after a sec and won't open.
i'v tried to of to application support folder and delete the user data folder but nothing works.
is there some solution for this problem?

Also i would like to ask if you think that my machine can be good and great for HTPC in my living room

Mac Mini late 2009
CPU : 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Mem : 8 GB 1067
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9 (13A603)

MNy concerne is the sound because i have mini display port to HDMI (no sound) and i can use a optic cable for the sound but is it enough?
I want to be able to run full 1080p files smooth
You should have read the Mac FAQ before posting (you would have discovered the Mavericks issue - which is almost certainly why it's not starting).

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ

I'm running on a 2012 mini myself, but your 2009 looks like it should run XBMC fine.
thanks
try the 12.3 betas
Hi,

I've just updated my Mac Pro 2011 Maverick with same XBMC update and have exactly the same problem as for the mac Mini below

(2013-12-03, 22:27)james341 Wrote: hello
i have just downloaded the XBMC 12.2 and transfer it to my application folder.
when i run the app the icon is show in the bar (jumping) but disappear after a sec and won't open.
i'v tried to of to application support folder and delete the user data folder but nothing works.
is there some solution for this problem?

Also i would like to ask if you think that my machine can be good and great for HTPC in my living room

Mac Mini late 2009
CPU : 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Mem : 8 GB 1067
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9 (13A603)

MNy concerne is the sound because i have mini display port to HDMI (no sound) and i can use a optic cable for the sound but is it enough?
I want to be able to run full 1080p files smooth
Can you read? This thread already has 2 sources of solutions. Start reading it please.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
XBMC v12.2 currently crashes when starting up on Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).

A fix will be available in the upcoming XBMC v12.3 bugfix release. Nightly and Monthly builds are unaffected.

See here for v12.3 test/"beta" builds.
LOL

But seriously - I have a 2009 mini (well technically I donated it to some friends as an XBMC machine, has a Broadcom 70015 in it).

It's running 10.6 right now....is updating to 10.9 worth it? Purely for XBMC use - any pros and cons for this?

I have experienced some python issues on 10.6 which in theory shouldn't be happening (xbmc using internal python right?....and yet...)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Not recommended yet - still issues left dedicated to Mavericks - just have a Look at the Last 3 Pages of this Forum...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok cool - but in general, with OSX, is it likely that 10.9 will perform better or worse than 10.6 from a boot up and sit under xbmc (with broadcom 700015) point of view -> with Windows it's usual that lately overall things get better (if you look at it from the 'just an underlying platform' point of view - boot time drops, ram usage actually got lower etc). So in fact the newer versions work better with older hardware most of the time, counter intuitively.

I am just trying to work out if it will be worth the time/effort to upgrade when I visit my friends just after Christmas I guess. Want to have ti working as nicely as I can for them...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
If it were me, and it was only being used as an HTPC, I would keep 10.6 on it.
Yeah. Will just have to look into python issues a bit more. Thanks!
(2013-12-08, 10:53)bossanova808 Wrote: Yeah. Will just have to look into python issues a bit more. Thanks!

You can update Python on Mac OS X outside of the OS itself: http://www.python.org/getit/mac/

Though as you said, XBMC should be using an internal version of Python, rather than what the OS has.
Yeah I did that - but I was still getting a python 2.4 era error on Mac =- same code was running fine under linux, OE, Windows. But I haven't got the mac here anymoer (friends using it already) - so I can't get to logs right now. Will try fix it over the Christmas break when I have some time/access.

(also with current Gotham there are Mac python errors too - PIL is not loading...I will wait for an alpha/beta cycle and to a TRAC once confirmed....)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac mini 2009 - latest XBMC won't open0