Updating library from mySQL server without XBMC shell
Hi
I've got my xbmc environment up and running and everything works great.
I would just like to be able to run library updates from my central mySQL server (separate VM located on the server that hosts the media files as well)
I don't have the clients running 24/7 so having the db server do the updates would be great.
And since it's a VM it doesn't do OpenGL so installing the client isn't really a solution I'm afraid.

Anyone have a way to accomplish this?
Like a cron job or something?

All machines are running Ubuntu 12.04 or 13.04

Thnx in advance...
you can't. its xbmc thats doing the scraping and library update.
Feature request... Wink
You cant, however, you can run a seperate instance on XBMC in another vm relatively simple and just use it for library updates/scraping.

You can use xbmcbuntu for this if you want, but it uses more resources and i found it to be a little unstable. Your best option is OpenELEC for this.

Grab a prebuilt vmdk image containing OpenELEC, set it up and your done. Make sure you disable rss freed and set screen saver to black screen and you will find that it idles using pretty much no resources.

Use the library autoupdater addon and it will periodically scan your library Smile

Full video showing how to set it up here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niOyNXEctdY
or, if you're adventurous: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132919
Or a Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC, hang it off the MySQL server powered over USB, and run it headless if all you want it for is to manage the library.

Although the script in my signature can be used to wake up a client, update the library, then shut down the client again.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating library from mySQL server without XBMC shell0