Solved IMDB Movie ID In My Filename
Please forgive me if this has been covered here, but I've browsed this entire sub-forum, and couldn't find anything.

I'm trying Ember for the first time tonight. It looks really promising, but I'm hoping to find a way to leverage years of work.

Currently, all of my movies are named as follows:

Movie Name {Original Name} (Year) [IMDB Number].extension

for example:

Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The {Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo.} (1966) [tt0060196].mp4

Is there a way to get ember to recognize that the IMDB Number is in the title? I don't want Ember to rename anything, but it should be able to scrape my movies at nearly 100%.

Thanks!
What is the folder name structured?
There isn't any information that can be grabbed from the folder structure... I just have folders named "A", "B", "C", etc.

If there's a better answer, I'd still love to hear it, but I seem to have found a solution (thankfully, I'm a programmer)...

I wrote something which generated .NFO files for each of my movies which contain nothing but the ID. I had Ember "Reload" the movies so that the .NFO files were found, and then "Rescrape" seems to pull at 100%.

I sincerely do appreciate the response! And, thanks for all of your hard work on this application... it's a lifesaver, and I wish I'd discovered it a long time ago - I'd been using Media Portal since I abandoned my original X-Box, and I've only recently realized just how far XBMC and its community have come over the last several years.
Nevertheless, a note:

If you DON'T have selected "Use Folder Name for Initial Listing" in movie source setting you can remove the first entry in Folder/File Name Filter ([\W_]\?\d{4}\)?.*).

With your posted file naming, Ember use the IMDB# in filename to (re-)scrape movies.

Thank you for your donation!
That worked perfectly... thank you, again!
(2013-12-05, 16:32)DanCooper Wrote: you can remove the first entry in Folder/File Name Filter ([\W_]\?\d{4}\)?.*).

Hi,

I can't remember the last time I updated Ember, and this worked perfectly for several years.

I set up a new server, and installed the latest version - it appears that the old advice is not the right answer anymore.

The new version has an entry that almost matches the previous one, with the addition of "(?i)". If I remove that, Ember isn't able to identify anything. Without changes to the default filters, it seems to get about 90% of them, but then it stops randomly until I do a "manual lookup" of the IMDB number which is in the title.

Is there a solution which would work in the newer version?

My naming conventions are unchanged... the IMDB number is always in square brackets at the end of the filename:

Western Union (1941) [tt0034384].mp4
Haunting of Ellie Rose, The {Not Alone} (2015) [tt1517228].mkv

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB Movie ID In My Filename0