Win Playback jumping Monitors
Hey guys!
I recently added a second monitor to my setup, which means i can have XBMC fullscreen all the time on the big TV (second screen) and use my new Monitor (primary screen) for surfing, etc.

Now my problem: The Monitor will be switched of using the Power button at the monitor itself. Windows will not detect any changes to that display and everything is fine.
When i switch off my TV though, Windows loses that display named "LG TV", switching to the AV receiver instead "Yamaha RX-V473".

When i switch on the TV afterwards, Windows jumps back to LG TV and XBMC is still running on the TV, everything seems to be fine ... until i start a video, where XBMC will jump over to the monitor. Wargh!
I already purchased and installed Displayfusion which has a feature to kepp windows from a specific program on a specific monitor... but this has no effect on xbmc.
So for now i have a hotkey which brings back the window to the other monitor, which is a complete mess to use every time.

Pretty intersting though: When i switches to the monitor and i navigate to Settings->System->Video Hardware it is still set to Monitor#2. To change it back there i have to switch to Monitor #1 (which does nothing cause it already is there) and then back to Monitor#2.

I also tried all the settings my AVReceiver has: HDMI Passthrough on/off -> no effect, HDMI CEC control -> No effect, etc etc.

HELP guys. Sad
Nobody? *sad*
You really need to give a bit of time on the forums for people to pipe in... Most people here have day jobs and questions get answered nightly, but the truly *sad* part is questions that have been asked repeatedly over and over again, without regard to 'search' the forums. I do understand that the forums search function is not the best, but I've found prefacing a Google search with the word XBMC 'issue' brings a wealth of forum listings. The issue you bring forth has been spoken to many times in the past, and in mining those messages , you will find your answer.

A quick summary of your issue without any deep search: Get another computer; XBMC is not programmed as multitasking software, but some users have discovered workarounds which achieve what you want, but others are frustrated that different hardware configurations have different solutions or none at all.
Hey PatK and thanks for your summary.
Yes i used the search, i found all the Thread about multi display Problems, but they were a bit old and focus on the fact that XBMC does not "jump back" to monitor 2 when it is reactivated.
This issue seems to be fixed, cause my XBMC is always stuck on the correct monitor when i activate it.
My problem is that only the playback window jumps over to the wrong screen and i did not find any suggestions for that.
You need to look a bit deeper into those multi-display messages... for some a script is the answer.

I don't have display fusion (not sure what it does) and so all the information below is assumed without that software.

Try this...

-open an extended desktop over both display devices.
-open XBMC in windowed mode on your primary display
-drag this XBMC window to secondary extended display display,
(full window at this point should give you movies playing while you have a browser open in primary)
-hitting the slash button on your keyboard might result in full screen on secondary? (works for me)
-at this point your might have got lucky or not... if not, enter settings >system>videoutput>displaymode>Full Screen #2
-the video should open on the secondary if not, you'll have to use windowed mode which should work.

The red herring in all of this is "AV receiver instead "Yamaha RX-V473" the above presumes a direct connection to your LG from your PC gfx card and if you have an AMD gfx card there is options to preset what is primary and secondary displays and revert on a hot key.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback jumping Monitors0