• 1(current)
[MOD] Holiday (Snow Effect) option in Aeon MQ5.
NOTE: A extended and more up to date version for MQ6 can be found here

Today i was hinted by someone else on other forum about an option to have snow in your skin (Holiday theme thing)
I was redirected to this forum post here and thought it would be fun to have this in Aeon MQ5 as well.
So i played with it and modified a few files so you can turn it on/off from skin settings menu.
And this is the result.

watch gallery

Download (version 6 for skin version 1.9.0) and extract it to skin.aeonmq5 folder and enable it in Skin settings.
It's only active for main menu. If you want it for other windows, open corresponding windows xml file (for example MyVideoNav.xml) and add this add bottom of file before
Code:
    </controls>
    </window>

Snow effect:
Code:
    <control type="group"><!-- Holiday -->
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(holiday)</visible>
    <include>Holiday</include>
    </control>
You will find more snow images (thanks to Oxize) in media folder. Change the one you like to snow.png and your done.

It's not my idea, the original author of this is MassIV, i just ported it to Aeon MQ5
It's modded for skin MQ5 version 1.9.0

Tip: Use this theme for complete holiday experience Wink
Cooool! thx
I see the option but no snow flakes - could you tell me which folder to place the snow flake picture in please?
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC

I think the first one.
@bry-, you need put image in this path

users\yourname\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addon\skin.aeonmq5\media
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Yay! this is lovely, Thanks!
I updated it to latest code, or better final code, from MassIV.
Again, this is not my idea but MassIV's one!
(2013-12-11, 01:07)schumi2004 Wrote: I updated it to latest code, or better final code, from MassIV.

Not sure what changed with this new one, but after replacing the files, it's no longer working with the V4.
(2013-12-11, 07:20)theagent Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 01:07)schumi2004 Wrote: I updated it to latest code, or better final code, from MassIV.

Not sure what changed with this new one, but after replacing the files, it's no longer working with the V4.
Sorry my fault. Forgot to remove a not used include.
Should work again (v5)
(2013-12-11, 08:46)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 07:20)theagent Wrote:

Sorry my fault. Forgot to remove a not used include.
Should work again (v5)

Thanks, it's working well now. Smile
@Schumi - Any plans on adding the "heavy" snow version?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1559516

I was going to give it a try myself, but figured you might be able to do it faster/better maybe even an additional menu item for the amount not sure how that would work.

Anyway loving this modBig Grin
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
Can add it for you but personally i don't like it Wink
I tried also adding more snow, but i didnt like it either. 1 page back i sended different snowflakes, and made them a little big larger in the script, which looks pretty cool with the standard snowflake Smile

Feel free to use the snowflakes.

Edit: Oh placed them in this topic. My bad Big Grin http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144360&page=5
(2013-12-21, 17:27)Oxize Wrote: I tried also adding more snow, but i didnt like it either. 1 page back i sended different snowflakes, and made them a little big larger in the script, which looks pretty cool with the standard snowflake Smile

Feel free to use my snowflakes.

Yeah noticed your post but wanted to make them appear random but maybe a menu selection is better.
But its always nice to have an extra option in XBMC Big Grin

Will closely watch this topic on any updates. Like this snow verry much at this time of year Smile
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Holiday (Snow Effect) option in Aeon MQ5.3