Looking for best Android device in price range
Hi.

I'm looking at purchasing an Android device for portable and local media playback. I was hoping someone might be able to give me some recommendations based on the following requirements.

- Supports XBMC (duh!)
- 1080p capable
- WiFi & Bluetooth capable
- HDMI out, or other method to connect to TV
- Optionally it would include a keyboard or support one through USB port or Bluetooth

I would like to keep the price under 150 US dollars, but might consider going up to 200.

Is this doable for the price range, or am I just dreaming?

Edit:
Forgot to mention I'm looking for a Android device with a screen. ie - cellphone, tablet, etc.
Nexus 7 2013 is at the top of your price range ($200 on sale), but does 1080p & HDMI out. I would imagine there is a keyboard out there for it, but I don't know offhand. 1080p on a tablet isn't too common yet. The new Kindle Fires can do that IIRC, but I'm not 100% sure
why you want an android device if your going to do a screen? the only thing android is good for is the little xbmc boxes. Otherwise i find android lacking and an overall mess as to what device works with what game, and on and on.
If you want a just XBMC tablet and dont care about doing allot else with it why do you want it? have you seen the little android sticks? they are portable and easy to hook up.
Oops! I should have mentioned that what I meant by 1080p was playback. As in if I hooked it up to a TV/monitor, I could output 1080p decoded playback. As far as the resolution of the tablet screen itself,
I'd say 1024x768 or up would be fine.

trent33 Wrote:Nexus 7 2013 is at the top of your price range ($200 on sale), but does 1080p & HDMI out. I would imagine there is a keyboard out there for it, but I don't know offhand. 1080p on a tablet isn't too common yet. The new Kindle Fires can do that IIRC, but I'm not 100% sure

I'll take a look into this, but with the price of a microSD keyboard, I'd definitely have to wait for a sub $200 sale. I could only find them at about ~220 US dollars.

ilovemymac Wrote:why you want an android device if your going to do a screen? the only thing android is good for is the little xbmc boxes. Otherwise i find android lacking and an overall mess as to what device works with what game, and on and on.
If you want a just XBMC tablet and dont care about doing allot else with it why do you want it? have you seen the little android sticks? they are portable and easy to hook up.

Well, I'd like to have use of it...

- In the vehicle. Watching video for long drives.
- For web browsing
- At locations with no HDTV solution, like my house. I have 2 decent PC monitors, but I visit friends/relatives with HDTVs all the time.
- As a possible monitor extension. ie - second/third desktop, or desktop mirroring.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for best Android device in price range0