Another day..another issue: Freeze/Speed up
Greetings all,

As a serial tinkerer, I have a feeling I'm my own worst enemy.

Over the past few days I've experimented with a development build of openelec, NFS shares, and a faster overclock.

Before this playback was always fine.

Since playing about I've been suffering from playback issues where occasionally a movie will freeze for a few seconds then play really fast as if to catch up.

Obviously I've worked back through my changes - rolled back to openelec 3.2.4, removed the NFS shares and gone back to samba, and put my overclock back to what it was.

The issue still exists ?

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=94337

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Update:

Clean install and the issue persists.

I've tried the same movie on xbmc on Windows and the file plays fine (same share and wireless), which I guess eliminates any issues with the file itself or the nas storage.
(2013-12-07, 15:46)Trent Wrote: I've tried the same movie on xbmc on Windows and the file plays fine (same share and wireless), which I guess eliminates any issues with the file itself or the nas storage.

Does it always happen at the same point in the file?

I did see this effect occasionally, but it turned out to be a failing hard disk that was occasionally stalling for a long time before providing the data.
I've not seen the effect since replacing the hard drive.

Can you play the file from anywhere else (like a USB stick)?
(2013-12-07, 17:30)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 15:46)Trent Wrote: I've tried the same movie on xbmc on Windows and the file plays fine (same share and wireless), which I guess eliminates any issues with the file itself or the nas storage.

Does it always happen at the same point in the file?

I did see this effect occasionally, but it turned out to be a failing hard disk that was occasionally stalling for a long time before providing the data.
I've not seen the effect since replacing the hard drive.

Can you play the file from anywhere else (like a USB stick)?

It seems to vary, and the drive is only a few months old !
Update - so it runs fine from a usb stick plugged into the pi, but it also runs fine using plex looking at the same nas share. If the hard drive was the issue surely plex would suffer too ?
Also, as I'm running a zfs mirror (that shows no errors) I'm guessing the hard drive failure query is redundant ?
(2013-12-08, 17:35)Trent Wrote: Also, as I'm running a zfs mirror (that shows no errors) I'm guessing the hard drive failure query is redundant ?

It appears the data from the file stalled and arrived late.
It could also be the network. Is the Pi connected wirelessly? Can you test with wired ethernet?
Thanks,

No it's wired. I've done a check that everything is plugged in nice and tightly.

Might try NSF shares mounted with fstab and see what happens

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another day..another issue: Freeze/Speed up0