SMB share on Ouya
Hello all,

I have been working on this issue and researching for awhile now and thought it was time to ask for help. I have an Ouya that I am running XBMC on and I cannot add a source from my mac mini via smb. I have tried adding it manually (putting in ip address,folder name and username/password) and it will let me see the contents of my external hard drive but it will give me a error when I try to play a movie. I have tried using SMBup and have had no luck, it now will show up under the smb section but it gives me a error 2 code 'Error 2 share not available'. I use to use XBMC on Raspberry pi but went through zeroconf and I see that Ouya doesn't support that. I am not sure what else to try, I have tried searching google and forums for countless hours and I don't know where else to turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can actually watch my movies, thank you!

More Information:

Quote:XBMC - Version 12.4
Running on Ouya - Store version (Have also tried download right from xbmc)
Mac Mini Late 2012- OSX 10.9 - Mavericks
External Hard Drive - Western Digital - Formatted to Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
Install SMBUp (wiki) on the Mac Mini.
Quote: I have tried using SMBup and have had no luck
Ah, sorry about that!

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) from the OUYA when this happens?

Might try the nightly build (wiki) of XBMC for Android (it will install along side your OUYA store version and it won't touch those settings, so it's safe to install both at the same time). It should resolve the zeroconf issue. Though it should still work when manually adding it or using the SMB browser.
Thanks for the response Ned,

Just about to walk out the door but wanted to post quickly that I have tried the nightly build for xbmc and added source under zeroconf and still would not let me play a movie using smb (Even tried having SMBup on). However I did try adding source via afp and it did play the movie. As soon as I get a few more minutes to read about how to upload a log file I will, as it is my first time doing so. Appreciate the quick response.
Okay here is the log file, crossing my fingers that I did this correctly. I took my ip address out, didn't know if it mattered or not.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=94845
Hmm, not sure. I thought the log might give more clues, like if it was a permissions setting issue or something, but nothing jumps out at me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB share on Ouya0