You may get the feeling Im gonna be a pain lol
upon fiddling about with my xbmc, i changed the skin & now the main menu has an email option

as soon as i click it, i just get error : problem connecting to server

to save me asking too many questions, can this be configered so i can access my emails in outlook express ? or thru my isp providers website ?

if either is a yes, a point in the right direction would be great, i have searched for email on this & xbmc websites but nothing that helps me

thanks

j
it's a python script....download here:

http://www.xbmcscripts.com/modules....emid=36

the zip file has a readme for setting it up
thanks bud, appreciate it :thumbsup:
got the dl thanks, edited the py doc & saved it but after transferring to xbmc scripts folder & rebooting xbox, i dont get any further than b4, all that happens is i get an error saying problem connecting to server

the bit im unsure of in the py doc is it ssay put server name, what part of the name should i put, i tried many options b4 posting here

my isp is ntlworld.com so do i put http://www.ntlworld.com, pop.nltworld.com, smtp.ntlworld.com or what ??

any advise would be greatfull

thanks

j

ps: i can get weather & smb shares on pc so netwrok is there, i cant get radio but not bothered about that

the skin you got probably already came with the email script and thats the script the email option is pointing too. check in the script directory.

for recieving email you would use pop.nltworld.com.
ok will have another go, thanks again for the reply, appreciated :thumbsup:
still cant get it going, i know im connected to the net as everything else is there, rss, weather, smb, kai, just cant get damn email

this is all ive done to the py doc

server = 'pop.ntlworld.com'
user = 'my isp username'
pass = 'my isp password'

i didnt add the skin or strings as i already have pm iii ce skin on my hdd & that already has email option

is there something else i should be looking out for ?

thanks in advance

j

any1 please Image
pop.ntlworld.com

e.g your email address is 'impersistant.ntlworld.com'

would make your username

'impersistant'

and ntl normally use passwords like 'p004847289' for your email.

whatever you use for outlook use the same password.

so thats... example

server = 'pop.ntlworld.com'
username = 'impersistant'
password = 'p004847289'
thanks for that but thats how i did it & still gets error
hoooooraaaaaaaaaaah

ive done it, all this time ive been entering the info in the xbmcmail.py doc, ive just found another doc called mail retriever.py, i edited that & it worked - yippeee

thanks for your assistance & patience in me, all along i was doing it right, just wrong doc lol

is it possible to retrieve email from more than 1 email addy ?

thanks again

j
sorry to bump an old post but i just got the email script which works fine but i also want to know if its possible to receive mail from more than one pop email account?. i have 2 main addresses and would like to get mail from both through xbmc. does anyone know if this is possible with xbmcmail-0.3.1?. thanks.
never mind, i just worked around it. made a copy of xbmcmail.py, entered my other email account details into it then renamed it to xbmcmail2.py. put it back in the same folder as the original and changed dialogsubmenu.xml to have an extra email label. now i have two options in the sub menu for either tiscali email or freeserve email and can retrieve mail from both . :thumbsup:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
You may get the feeling Im gonna be a pain lol0