HDMI issues
Hi Guys,

I set XBMC up on my Dell Mini 10, using a HDMI to composite video out converter, and I have an issue that, despite reading the various guides, I can't resolve Sad

With the converter connected, and playing music through Windows Media Player, all is fine, I get perfect playback of any MP3 I have access to, and the video output is smooth.

Run XBMC however and the music stutters! Following one of the guides I found here I installed the appropriate manufacturers (Intel) HDMI driver, that was my first step, no difference.

I made sure that in XBMC that the audio was set to HDMI and stereo as the output. Didn't matter if I used DirectSound or WASPI HDMI out, it still stuttered. I made sure that all options (AC-3 decode, True HD, etc) were turned off.

Then, again following tips from the guide, I changed the output to Analog, still stutters.

As a last resort I decided to plug the audio lead in to the headphone out, change the audio output to either DirectSound (RealTek HD) or WASPI (Realtek HD) and use the HDMI converter for video only, still stutters.

If I disconnect the HDMI converter, use the internal screen, and internal speakers or headphone out, no stuttering.

When I installed the Intel drivers from the Dell support website, I then went in to the audio properties to make sure that "Allow exclusive access" was checked, which is was. In supported audio formats, it is blank. The guide I was following said to make sure that the "Intel Management Engine" was installed, it wasn't, and there is no such driver for the Dell Mini 10.

Strange that it works perfectly through HDMI using Windows Media Player, wish I could find out how to get XBMC to do the same!

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Any help appreciated.

Mike
Subscribed. I have an HDMI audio stripper that causes the same behavior. Wanted to use it so I could have both HD audio and analog all at once since dual audio is still not officially supported. I'm still playing with it though. If I come up with any magic solution, I'll post it here.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Please upload a debug log_file (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI issues0