Airplay doesn't work ( starts with no video/sound and stops)
Hello
I have a raspberrypi with raspbmc and im having problems getting airplay to work ( well, i always had because i was never able to do get it to work).
My raspberrypi is wired via ethernet with airplay function enabled and i have an ipad that shows the airplay options in videos. I have been testing with youtube videos and i press airplay-raspbmc and then on the RPi i get a change on the background with the sound animation and it goes for 4 seconds(no sound or any other image) and then it stops.

Anyone knows what it is or how/can it be fixed. Im using ios 6.0.3 btw.

Here is the debug log, i tested the airplay at the time marked 2:54 :

Thank you!
The airplay stream was audio only.
Are you using the airplay controls from the video player, rather than the airplay control from the audio controls that slide up from bottom of screen?

It is possible the update to support iOS 7 has stopped iOS 6 from working.
Might be best to ask this here:
http://forum.stmlabs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7
as the iOS 7 patch came from Sam.
Thanks for the reply!
I had this problem even before iOS7 and previous versions of raspbmc were launched, i have it pretty much since i got the Rpi.
I don't get any controls on the ipad or audio/video from the Rpi/tv, it just shows the animation on the menu screen like it was playing audio but it doesn't.
When i select "raspbmc" on the ipad it starts the process, but then nothing (besides that animation on the rpi) happens and on the ipad i eventually get a connection error =/

I have put the question the raspbmc forums, but i thought that could be someone in this forum also that might have had the same problem or knows what is going on with this.
Airplay seems a bit broken with raspbmc currently.

October build
OK: Native player IOS 7.04
FAIL: PLEXAPP on IOS 7.0.4 (No discovery)

Sam has provided a fix on a nightly build but I have found that while it allows
FAIL: Native player IOS 7.04 (no discovery)
FAIL: PLEXAPP on IOS 7.0.4 (discovery, but failed playback)

Hoping this gets resolved soon Sad

If any testing help is required please let me know I am happy to help.

Thanks
You can help us here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179961
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay doesn't work ( starts with no video/sound and stops)0