Bug Mac OSX - Movies don't play all the way through
Firstly, I apologise if this is a repeated thread. I couldn't find anything close in my searches but that may be down to a lack of creative search terms.

Issue: Files don't play all the way to the end. At some random points in time the video files just stop and the next show loads and starts playing. I have tried restarting the system to no avail.

Specs:
XBMC running on an iMac with 12GB of RAM - OSX 10.8.5
Media player is a Sony BD-S580 Bluray (networked over WifI)
Media is stored both on the iMac and my DLNA server (2TB myBook Live) which are hard wired into the Netgear router. It makes no difference where the file is played from, the problem is the same.

Additional:
Twonky works okay but only plays 2 file formats so I need a better option. Twonky is loaded onto the myBook (as a factory default). Plus you can't fast forward and rewind - how crazee is that! It also can't see the media on my iMac.
I really want the XBMC to work as it is almost perfect for my needs.

Thought: are the two servers clashing? They both show up as separate servers on the Bluray player?? As far as I know the myBook is just a hard drive according to the computer so it shouldn't interfere with the server capabilities of XBMC.

Plea: Any advice to resolve this issue will be tried and greatly appreciated.

Lastly, many, many thanks to those who toil to provide this product it is outstanding!
Am i right that you are talking about using XBMC as UPNP Server for your BR player? If so debug log (wiki) from xbmc is needed.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac OSX - Movies don't play all the way through0