WatchLater2XBMC Send videos from your YouTube Watch Later playlist to XBMC
I live in the interior of Brazil and the internet is too slow to watch YouTube videos. So I created a bash script that scans my YouTube Watch Later list and then downloads the videos (at 5am when the internet is fast) on the list and sends them to XBMC. I created a TV Show in XBMC called YouTube and the script sends the files there and creates nfo files for each video with the title/description/etc. Now I watch the videos on my TV in HD and without waiting for them to buffer.

I put it up at github and you can take a closer look here: https://github.com/jaketeater/WatchLater2XBMC (This is the first script I have put out there for others to use and I am not exactly sure how it works.)

From the README.md file:
WatchLater2XBMC is a bash script that downloads the videos in your YouTube Watch Later list and sends them to XBMC as a tv show episode (for the "YouTube" tv show).

WatchLater2XBMC checks your Watch Later list and uses youtube-dl to download the vidoes. Then it scrapes YouTube for the details of each video and generates an (tv episode) .nfo file. Once the file has been downloaded and the .nfo file is in place, the script tells XBMC to scan for new files and sends a notification message. The script can be run as a cronjob.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchLater2XBMC Send videos from your YouTube Watch Later playlist to XBMC0