Win Wake up PC with a common (simplified) remote control
Question 
I have a big question Undecided Huh Confused : I searched the whole web without finding any solution.
I would like to use my media center with a simplified remote control (with, in total, 14 keys: very simple, but having everyhing I should need).
The problem is that It's not a MCE remote control but a common remote. I can use EventGhost (or similar) for everything, but not to wake up my PC.
I have a Hauppauge MCE remote (with an IR blaster) and using the power button I can, obviously, wake up the PC. The only clue Undecided I found is to go to modify the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da\ReportMappingTable but I can just change the button to be used to wake up the PC among all keys of a MCE remote, while seems not possible to specify a particular IR-code from an universal (generic) remote control. Anyone know if it's possible? There is a registry entry where is stored the IR-code to wake up the PC (or it's just hard-coded inside the IR blaster Sad )?
Thanks to all!
Wakeup PC possible if IR-receiver supports this only. IR-receiver receives a power button press then send to USB (or similar way directly to MB) special code for wakeup PC.
Personally I just use a wake on LAN app on my Iphone or tablet to wake my HTPC up. then use my Harmony remote for everything else.

I think some of the Android / IOS - XBMC remotes might actually have a wake feature which uses Wake On Lan to power on the PC, but you would have to look through them.
The Harmony remote as I know (I'm quite sure) can wake-up the PC by itself (using a standard IR-Blaster). Anyway, I'm searching for a simple solution (just using a remote control). In case of no possibility there is the USB-UIRT device (I read seems you can choose the wake-up IR code, without confirmation and costs around 70$), but my question is to understand (if anyone know the answer) if the Windows Media Center IR blasters (such as have the one coming with the Hauppauge MCE remote) have the wake-up IR code hardcoded and unchangeble or if there is any possibility to change it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake up PC with a common (simplified) remote control1