Scripts Menu
there are so many scripts that come with xbmc, but i don't see any menu system to use to access the scripts.  i know you can go to the folders and run the scripts, but it's hard to remember what everything is by the folder names.  is there a pre-made menuing system i can install for all the scripts, or something i can create myself?  i edited my dialogsubmenu.xml file and created a new scripts menu.  the problem is i have so many menu items that they are over lapping each other and i can't read anything.  so, it seems to have a limit.  does anyone have a solution for this problem, or know of another kind of menuing system to use?  thank you for your help and time....
you can use the scripts screen to run scripts?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
what do you mean by, "scripts screen"?
i think i know what you mean and you can, but the problem is there is like 100 scripts, and the folders have wierd names and it's hard to remember what script is in what folder, and plus i only what a few scripts in the menu, just the ones i like and the ones i can get to work. so, it would be nice to have a menu of only those scripts and to be able to give the script a name so i know what it is... thanks...
i added the xbmcscripts and submenu editor scripts to my pm3 skin, so even when i clear it out they stay there and are built in (would be perfect if there were a removal tool but.... oh well) so from the skin itself (myscripts.xml) i can install and edit without having to ftp the thing in and out.
now i remember why i dont hang the thing anywhere... i took the images and added them to the skin's textures.xpr file to keep things clean lol
i've never changed skins before or done what you are talking about. can you please tell me in detail how to do it? thanks again for all your help..
got a messenger service or a gmail account?
yeah, i have everything. why?
lets see if i can get this path correct.....

installer/editor addon

rather than up the xpr file, i simply placed the scripts graphics in the media folder.... wont have it there long figure a day or two.
ok, i got it. what exactly is going to happen after i copy the files over to my xbox? i'm not sure exactly what's going on here. thanks..
just to let you know you can send any files up to 1gb to any email address using the following website, i do it all the time:

http://www.yousendit.com/
in your home screen when you start ig you press right 2 times you get your info options (power down etc.) but it you press right once you get the submenu that lists the scripts. the bottom most option "scripts" is what opens the screen "my scripts.xml" where it lists your script folders contents. now when you goto that screen there are 2 additional butons on the right of that screen, one for installing and one for editing the submenu.

with the submenu editor, you can actually setup your display for dialogsubmneu.xml (remember the popup on the home screen) and after youd done save a backup of your alterations. then down the road when all the skin modding is done and you overwrite your existing skin, just pop the myscripts.xml in the package back and goto your scripts screen and run the editor and restore the backup (or make alterations, thats your choice).

or

you can download scripts online via pc, then ftp them to your box. manually edit your submenu and ftp it back.
havent heard if this is working for you or not... hope it is but if you like i made a small update of sorts. i noticed the installers cache was going into the skin as well (kinda counterproductive to my clean and tidy plans) so i made a small alteration.

scripts/installer/lib/cachedhttp.py

look for self.cachefolder='q:\\.......' and alter it to
self.cachefolder='z:\\httpcache\\'

then it will create the cache folder on one of the cache partitions and not have your skin folder become gradually larger over time.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scripts Menu0