• 4(current)
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.
(2014-01-31, 01:47)munificent Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 09:08)millercentral Wrote: Is there any way to download "English for Foreign Language Parts"-type subtitles with this new system?

I would also like to know the answer to this question. I'm perennially surprised that xbmc is behind the curve on this & it would be good to know whether it is on the team's radar and, if so, how high up it is? I would really like to have Foreign/Fantasy language handled as smoothly as everything else is handled.

Is it a current or planned feature?
so you are looking for just the "forced" subtitles?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr: yes.
The forced subtitles always seem hit and miss in terms of what is available to download. where would you go to find them?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
can this please be discussed elsewhere as this is a "how-to move from frodo to gotham subtitle download service" thread, question about forced subs is for a different forum thread(and frankly has been asked 1000 times)
It's still no possible to manually search subtitles?

How search works? uses the name of the movie? The name of the folder?

How to search a subtitle, if my movie is named only movie.mkv, but I know it's Iron Man?
Normal search uses movie name, manual search uses whatever you type in

Note that not all services use manual search function
(2014-02-04, 12:47)amet Wrote: Normal search uses movie name, manual search uses whatever you type in

Note that not all services use manual search function

How to use manual search?
I select the service, then I go to the expression, but I cant write nothing.

Where is suppose to write what we manually want to search? Or none of the service addons that come by default with gotham permit that?
If you are using latest nightly Gotham and opensubtitles it should work just fine. It can also be a skin limitation, make sure you always test latest additions with a confluence skin.
(2014-02-04, 13:02)amet Wrote: If you are using latest nightly Gotham and opensubtitles it should work just fine. It can also be a skin limitation, make sure you always test latest additions with a confluence skin.

I made a new install, isn't confluence skin the default skin, or is suppose to be downloaded from someplace?
What I see:

When I click "Manual search string" nothing happens.
I also tried to select each of the 4 subtitle services I have, but the result is always the same.

I'm using this nightly: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe (Latest Windows)

What I'm doing wrong?
(2014-01-28, 11:20)amet Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 03:21)Watts Wrote: I know we need to use an updated skin, for this to work without problems. But can i somehow add this to PM3.hdHuh It is still my favorite skin, and works fluently on android because it is lightweight.

make changes similar to this -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3552/f...6a1061L547

if you still get stuck please open a new thread where this can be discussed further

Hi there, I have followed the link to find that the codes already exist in my VideoOSD.xml file.

My XBMC used to be able to open subtitles using the keyboard shortcut (which can be easily binded to a remote control) but since 12.3 I haven't been able to use it. I must click using the mouse first before the shortcut key works. Anyone know a solution to this?
12.3? this is for Gotham only
FYI as of the March 02 nightly, no subtitle add-ons are available to install (fresh install, I go to 'get more' subtitles and none show up). This is all using Confluence (as I cannot install any other skin because of the missing subtitle dependency).
subtitle service or subtitle addon?

subtitle addon == Frodo

subtitle service == Gotham(including nightly builds)
but how can i use the subtitle service to the video add ons (Icefilms, etc)
i have to download manually to somewhere and the load it from this folder? :SS
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.1