XBMC Reboots
Hi, first time poster, long time user.

I have been battling an issue with XBMC on my ATV2 that has about made me fed up.

When selecting to play a video, XBMC reboots. However, when I turn XBMC back on and select the exact same video, it plays fine.

I am running XBMC 12.2 on a Jailbroken ATV2 - running iOS 5.2
It connects via SMB to a MYSQL database running on a Windows 2012 Essentials server. The ATV2 is connected via HDMI to a 40" Sanyo TV, with audio going out via a digital audio cable to a analog converter, as I have an older panasonic surround system that does not support digital audio input.

Please find attached the XBMC.old.log from the latest reboot, while I was trying to watch a 1080p copy of The Dark Knight, with DTS audio.

http://pastebin.com/c0tgdEyD

edit by memphiz: moved log to pastebin for removing the posts b0rkage ...
I have been having this problem too. Sometimes crashing as soon as I push play other times randomly in the movie.

I found if I added the film to favourites it was more likely to work.

I seem to have fixed the problem today by changing the movie view from Gallery to a list (list of films only showing pic of one film at a time).

So got a feeling it's probably a memory issue. I did turn debug on bit couldn't see much in there I'll try again and monitor system resource
Its worth noting that ATV2 can't output in 1080p. it will output your content in 720p

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ
"The ATV2 can playback most videos saved as high as 1080p, but will only output a 720p signal to your TV. To see if you can really benefit with 1080p output, please consult this chart"

Next, this also happens to me, the ATV2 will sometimes reboot when you select a film to play and after the reboot will often then play fine. I also have suspected a memory issue and a likelihood of this occurring on movies with a higher level encode. Maybe the devs will look into your crash log and be able to be more scientific here. I think its also worth checking your audio settings and only switch on the features that you have/need. Also check the subtitle setting.

In my experience this happens less and less over time as xbmc is patched with dot releases.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Reboots0