DTS Audio-CD support (and DTS Audio-CD ISO/IMG/NRG images)?
(pike @ june 14 2004,10:55 Wrote:dts audiocd: are 44.1khz... we'd need to decode the dts signal for support.
that's absolutly correct, more information on this is available here (link) in the feature suggestion for a dts software decoder

(god-send @ june 14 2004,04:06 Wrote:is it a sacd (super audio cd)?? or a dvd audio? those are the only other 2 formats that can contain a full 5.1 signal. in which case you will need to use a special dvd player to use those discs.
off-topic but correct, the xbox dvd-rom drive is not able to physicaly read a sacd (super audio cd), more info here (link)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
when passing through 44.1khz streams you get a chipmunk effect for free :lol:
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Star 
i have a dts audio cd and when i play it in xbmc all i get is static. my receiver only shows that it is getting a stereo signal, not dts.

is there any way to get this to play on my xbox?

thanks fellas
we have a search funtion on the forums, and we *strongly* encourage new users to use this before making additional threads. i'm positive you will find other threads if you give it a try.

with that said, i dont think we support dts audio cd's currently.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

see this post
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hi, there

i have a dts audio cd, but when i try to play it though xbmc, i just got noise.

first: my setting should be fine since i'm able to play dts dvd. i enabled dts from xbox console, and enabled dts from xbmc setting also.

i'm able to play this dts audio cd from my old dvd player, and it output 5.1 channel sound great. i tried to play dts dvd from xbmc, and it plays great also. but when i put this dts audio cd into xbmc, xbmc just give me noise.

according to this thread, xbox suppose to support dts audio cd also, but play from xbox console also give me noise only.

can anybody help me with this?

thanks.
if you rip the tracks to .wav files correctly, we should be able to play them

cdda playback is separate from mplayer you see

the difference is that dts audio cd is recorded at 44khz, whereas all other dts is at 48khz.

xbox can only passthrough 48khz data. thus, we are required to decode the 44khz dts audio off the cd and reencode it to ac3. this will give you surround, but as pike says, it doesn't work from the cd player itself - you must copy the tracks to the harddisk first. note that it won't sound as good as the original disk, due to the lossy dts->ac3 conversion, but it's the best that can be done.

cheers,
jonathan

(jmarshall @ feb. 22 2005,07:26 Wrote:the difference is that dts audio cd is recorded at 44khz, whereas all other dts is at 48khz.

xbox can only passthrough 48khz data.  thus, we are required to decode the 44khz dts audio off the cd and reencode it to ac3.  this will give you surround, but as pike says, it doesn't work from the cd player itself - you must copy the tracks to the harddisk first.  note that it won't sound as good as the original disk, due to the lossy dts->ac3 conversion, but it's the best that can be done.

cheers,
jonathan
may i ask when we play dts dvd, it passthrough 44.1khz dts or 48khz data? if it's 44.1khz dts, how come xbox can only passthrough 48khz data?

i saw dts singal on my reciever when i play dts dvd.
(noodle @ feb. 22 2005,16:26 Wrote:
(jmarshall @ feb. 22 2005,07:26 Wrote:the difference is that dts audio cd is recorded at 44khz, whereas all other dts is at 48khz.

xbox can only passthrough 48khz data. thus, we are required to decode the 44khz dts audio off the cd and reencode it to ac3. this will give you surround, but as pike says, it doesn't work from the cd player itself - you must copy the tracks to the harddisk first. note that it won't sound as good as the original disk, due to the lossy dts->ac3 conversion, but it's the best that can be done.

cheers,
jonathan
may i ask when we play dts dvd, it passthrough 44.1khz dts or 48khz data? if it's 44.1khz dts, how come xbox can only passthrough 48khz data?

i saw dts singal on my reciever when i play dts dvd.
read what jmarshall wrote: dts on a movie dvd disc is at 48khz (passed through direct). dts on an audio cd is 44.1khz (has to be resampled or re-encoded. resampling to 48khz on the fly is probably not doable with the xbox cpu, and even if it were doable in real time the quality would probably not be great.)
ok i have dts enabled in the xbmc settings and dvd movies (and vob files) that support dts play fine but when trying to play my dts sting cd's all i get is pink noise. just like when trying to play a dts soundtrack on a pc with no support for it.
i tried ripping them to dts wave files and playing them directly from the hdd but that didn't work either.
i also have some dolby digital 5.1 wave files ripped from dvd's like queen's greatest hits and others but they work fine. it's just those dts tracks i'm having trouble with.

any ideas?
dts wav files are 44100hz and need to be upsampled to 48000hz (xbox audio hardware only supports 48khz).
so the chain looks like this for 44.1khz dts (ie dts wavs):

dts.44100->
pcm.44100->
pcm.48000->
ac3.48000

so for ac3 to work, you'll need to have ac3 capable receiver enabled and an ac3 capable receiver (and ofcourse a suitable digital connection between xbox and receiver)

i can imagine the problem lies in your ripping it from dts.cd to dts.wav... try and see what videolan (a pc app) says about these wav files.

thanks pike, i understand now.

i'll check out videolan and see what it says. so even when playing directly from dts cd in xbox rom it still needs to be upsampled to 48000hz correct?

also i presume when you say ac3 you are talking about dolby digital 5.1 yes? if so then yes my receiver is compatible.

thanks agian.
ac3 = dd = dolby digital

dts.cd does not work. why? our cdplayer is 'dumb' and only does real cd's. if xbox would support 44.1 (which it doesn't) we could still do a little magic and passthru it, but as things stand now, we can't.

there's different players for cdda & all the rest.

hi ! Smile
... just about dts stream : you say they are 44khz, so with m$ dash, the work must be done too ?
( 44.1khz resampled to 48khz )

does this take a big part of cpu during playback process ?!
( decoding from dts -> resampling 6 or 7 channels -> reencoding into dts ... need a lot of operation/time )

thanks for info ... :joker:

ps: are you sure that dts are in 44.1khz ?! ... maybe all in ntsc zone ?! ... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS Audio-CD support (and DTS Audio-CD ISO/IMG/NRG images)?0