• 119(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Yep...I "fixed" my 520e when it "bricked" after installing Ember, by the pin shorting method.
There was even a dot painted on the IC chip between the pins I shorted.
Now, it did take a few attempts...not easy to precisely short the pins and hold down the reset while reinserting the power connector.
But eventually I got Helix 14.2 loaded and the 520e has never performed Kodi any better.
(2014-04-08, 00:38)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 16:57)Zacks Wrote: I've got the ATV 510b, which versions of XBMC Linux can i install?

Here is the instructions for Linux XBMC system for Geniatech M3 models:
Linux for M3 Models

Download and unzip above file, you will find two files, one is SPI update_spi_mc_xbmc_20130306.img, one is firmware update.img. Copy them to SD card or USB disk, connect to the M3 and run Upgrade app, choose local update, and select SPI to update first, then, do the same steps to update firmware.After finished, it will restart the box, and you will see XBMC screen(only).

If you want to go back to Geniatech’s android firmware, please do as below.

1. Find M3’s SPI and firmware from http://www.geniatech.com/news/m3-android...uction.asp .Download SPI and firmware without decompression, copy them to SD card or USB disk, change the file extension from .zip to .img, than means you need update_spi_M3_201201208.img and update_M3_20121208.img.

2. Connect SD card or USB disk to the box.

3. Press and hold the upgrade/reset button on the box.

4. Plug the power adapter.

5. Hold the upgrade/reset button for 5 seconds.
till see upgrading screen(recovery mode).

6. Loosen the button and press up/down on remote control to choose Apply update->SD card or USB disk, select the SPI file to update frist.

7. After the upgrade is complete, reboot the system and do the same steps to update firmware.

Hello,

Please can someone give me another link to the android file as i also want to revert back to the android version for my 510b.
The files are now no longer available from this link:
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androi...201208.zip

I would really appreciate this.

Clive.
(2016-03-14, 09:55)Trezona Wrote: Hello,

Please can someone give me another link to the android file as i also want to revert back to the android version for my 510b.

Clive.

Go here and get the KODI Helix 14.0 firmware for these old single core M1/M3 boxes http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4936

The download link does not seem to work so if you cannot find one by Googling and searching then PM me. Quite honestly those 510 boxes are now getting past their sell by date in this market so would look at getting shortly a nice MXQ or MXQ M12 box ( they are very cheap too) when the new S805 EmbER build is released soon now. Not got one myself yet but have it on good authority that they will rock with the new S805 EmbER build. But at least that Hydra 2 KODI build will give a little more life to your 510 box but do not expect anything later unless anyone here knows anything better.
Cheers
Raymw
Thanks for the advice raymw,
I was given this 510b, but i am going to eventually get another more updated unit.
I would really appreciate it if you could send me this KODI Helix 14.0 version for the time being.

Clive.
(2016-03-15, 16:03)Trezona Wrote: Thanks for the advice raymw,
I was given this 510b, but i am going to eventually get another more updated unit.
I would really appreciate it if you could send me this KODI Helix 14.0 version for the time being.

Clive.

I don't have the Android version, but I do have a Linux image

It's this one http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...9&start=70

but signed so it will work on the 510b. I am still using this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eo8sj6t4tl1cbt...d.img?dl=0
EmbER v3.0.1 with CEC support ready.
Hi All

I have a Sumvision X2 Media Enclosure which is a re-badged Geniatech ATV3200. I believe this is the same hardware as the ATV1200 except that you can put an internal HDD in the enclosure.

Basically to cut a long story short I wanted to get rid of the Android O/S as it uses to much resource and comes with lots of bloatware that's not really needed. I wanted something like Openelec to run on this Media Enclosure and came across EmbER. I flashed the Enclosure and with support from the XDA forum and managed to get EmbER onto this device. I've donated and got myself a code and updated the device to 3.0.1 I must say I'm really impressed with the build.

I have one issue though which is I can't see the internal HDD. As this build is a Linux based I thought it was because the HDD was NTFS and that's why I couldn't see it. I've now deleted the partition and create a EXT4 partition and mounted the partition. However I still can't see the HDD within EmbER.

Is there a way I can get EmbER to see the internal HDD?

I willing to try what you suggest to get it working and report back.

Many Thanks in advance
(2016-03-15, 07:46)raymw Wrote:

Clive.

Go here and get the KODI Helix 14.0 firmware for these old single core M1/M3 boxes http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4936

The download link does not seem to work so if you cannot find one by Googling and searching then PM me. Quite honestly those 510 boxes are now getting past their sell by date in this market so would look at getting shortly a nice MXQ or MXQ M12 box ( they are very cheap too) when the new S805 EmbER build is released soon now. Not got one myself yet but have it on good authority that they will rock with the new S805 EmbER build. But at least that Hydra 2 KODI build will give a little more life to your 510 box but do not expect anything later unless anyone here knows anything better.

Hello raymw,

I dont have enough posts to be able to PM you so i am going to thank you on this post :-)

KODI Helix 14.0 is working great for me finaly!
Thank you so much for this firmware,

Clive.
(2016-03-16, 12:22)Watersnapper Wrote: Hi All

I have a Sumvision X2 Media Enclosure which is a re-badged Geniatech ATV3200. I believe this is the same hardware as the ATV1200 except that you can put an internal HDD in the enclosure.

Basically to cut a long story short I wanted to get rid of the Android O/S as it uses to much resource and comes with lots of bloatware that's not really needed. I wanted something like Openelec to run on this Media Enclosure and came across EmbER. I flashed the Enclosure and with support from the XDA forum and managed to get EmbER onto this device. I've donated and got myself a code and updated the device to 3.0.1 I must say I'm really impressed with the build.

I have one issue though which is I can't see the internal HDD. As this build is a Linux based I thought it was because the HDD was NTFS and that's why I couldn't see it. I've now deleted the partition and create a EXT4 partition and mounted the partition. However I still can't see the HDD within EmbER.

Is there a way I can get EmbER to see the internal HDD?

I willing to try what you suggest to get it working and report back.

Many Thanks in advance

I also have this device and mentioned it to the Ember Developers some time ago. While they were interested in its potential it's very much a niche product and has been discontinued for some time now. As far as I'm aware there's no way to get the HDD to appear (it does appear when using some of the other firmwares in this forum oddly enough). It's a shame since, as you say, it is a nice unit but it seems unlikely there would be much point in including it in further development of the Ember firmware and with the rise in new codecs and the like I suspect new firmwares would tend to be focussed on more recent hardware
(2016-03-16, 17:01)Trezona Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 07:46)raymw Wrote:

Clive.

Hello raymw,

I dont have enough posts to be able to PM you so i am going to thank you on this post :-)

KODI Helix 14.0 is working great for me finaly!
Thank you so much for this firmware,

Clive.

You are most welcome. It is rewarding for me too that it has proved so useful to you Clive Smile Enjoy
Cheers
Raymw
Have not tested it yet as waiting for a new MXQ M12 box I have ordered from AliExpress to arrive, but there is now a released version of EmbER V3.0.1 public edition for the S805 quad core MXQ M12 box. It is there to download from the EmbER website.

Looks very promising indeed and I know that EmbER are very excited about it as it is as I see it a major step forward. So this to my knowledge is the first public release of any Linux quad core firmware, but note this is not for the generic MXQ boxes as yet. Anyone here who gets this installed on their M12 S805 based boxes then please report back to us here, as indeed I shall once my new M12 box for testing arrives through the post and is flashed with this new EmbER firmware.

Congrats to EmbER Developments and thanks Josh and Corey for all their hard work in making this possible. It will be good for us all to be able to fully support them on this great new project.

Enjoy
Cheers
Raymw
(2016-03-22, 10:28)raymw Wrote: Have not tested it yet as waiting for a new MXQ M12 box I have ordered from AliExpress to arrive, but there is now a released version of EmbER V3.0.1 public edition for the S805 quad core MXQ M12 box. It is there to download from the EmbER website.

Looks very promising indeed and I know that EmbER are very excited about it as it is as I see it a major step forward. So this to my knowledge is the first public release of any Linux quad core firmware, but note this is not for the generic MXQ boxes as yet. Anyone here who gets this installed on their M12 S805 based boxes then please report back to us here, as indeed I shall once my new M12 box for testing arrives through the post and is flashed with this new EmbER firmware.

Congrats to EmbER Developments and thanks Josh and Corey for all their hard work in making this possible. It will be good for us all to be able to fully support them on this great new project.

Enjoy

Great stuff,
Which one on Ali did you purchase?
(2016-03-22, 10:28)raymw Wrote: Have not tested it yet as waiting for a new MXQ M12 box I have ordered from AliExpress to arrive, but there is now a released version of EmbER V3.0.1 public edition for the S805 quad core MXQ M12 box. It is there to download from the EmbER website.

Enjoy
Raymw try openelc on it aswell. I'm interested in seeing how they compare
Press THANK USER if I Help
Trezona, I ordered the MXQ M12 S805 box with the nice metal case at a one off price of about US$56 and free shipping. Of course it will come only with the bloody awful klunky Android bloatware which I shall soon overwrite with EmbER V3.0.1. Note this EmbEr firmware is so far only for the S805 box and only the MXQ M12 model not the generic MXQ yet, which as you will see on the EmbER download page that is coming soon..

Auxbox, hi mate how ya doing ? Am committed now to using EmbER firmware as I believe in what those guys are doing and for the future of Linux based KODI. Though if and when I have time I will of course look at openelec but time is at a premium for me right now. By all means try them both and let us know my friend.

BTW Auxbox, and after you trying some time ago to get me to install and try it, I now at last have Ubuntu running on my old almost totally unused Compaq dual core laptop, having removed the old Windows XP OS . Quite a learning curve and reminds me back to my old command level only Unix training course days in the 90's so was not completely a virgin but very very rusty after 20 years. Remembered all the multiple r, w, x attributes in groups of three for owner, group and all. Not exactly user friendly for Joe public but has it uses especially if getting into programming and Linux script files etc though little time to experiment much. Would like to see an easier GUI with it and so far do not seem to be able to easily mount any of my drives and devices. Wish they would allow assigning letters to various drives as per Windows as really it is a chore and PITA having to use /dev/sdc etc and first having to discover the device node with terminal mode sudo fdisk -l command.
Cheers
Raymw
Hi Ray, I've been looking at MXQ m12 boxes on Amazon and there are lots of different ones I think, phantom, infinity etc. Are these all the same boxes. Here is an example http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00VQ7NU...NSB8HW0SAV
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5