Linux - [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
xbmcdoc Offline
(2014-12-16 08:23)raymw Wrote:  No not tried Plex server but do not think I need it as everything is running great here. My NAS drive is a Zyxel NSA320 GigaBit connected to my LAN with dual HD bays with 2 X 2TB drives + two USB satellite HDDs attached too, so with the USB side drives a total on the NAS of 7.5 TB for all my backups, video media and music. It also runs DLNA streaming as most NAS drives do, and which the box can easily access. I create a source in my box's XBMC settings to my appropriate NAS drive shares and/or via DLNA, Have to say I do not use NAS access for video streaming much as mainly just stream off of the various add-ons via the internet of course. I have all the video on demand I could ever want via internet streaming.

I do serve my large music collection out from the NAS Drive iTunes server as that is ideal for all users on my LAN. I also occasionally download and store on the NAS Drives content via torrents where I want a really good HD copy of a TV show normally like for example the latest and awesome X Factor final over the last weekend which really merits watching in best quality HD.

Yes indeed, and probably like you xbmcdoc, I could not contemplate life without my NAS Drives and the solid LAN system I have set up. And the NAS Drives are really very inexpensive these days and even for well specced powerful units too. Though my ZyXel NAS is relatively modest and a couple of years old now, it really performs brilliantly, is fast and does all I need of it at this time.

Very cool.
find quote
belliash Offline
(2014-12-06 21:33)kashmoney Wrote:  
(2014-12-06 14:48)belliash Wrote:  Anyone managed to get CVBS working on ATV1200 ?

hi belliash with the Nov 13 and Nov 28th Updates that Auxbox posted I am able to get CVBS Output on my ATV400. On my ATV1200 when I installed those firmwares I was getting 480i output on component output. The TV I was connecting to has component connections only. Im sure it should work, why not try it yourself to see if it works on your tv with CVBS output?

Flashed version from 21 Nov 2014 and connot get CVBS working... what did you do in order to get it working?
Also if i unplug HDMI on startup, then I got no vision until i restart whole box.
find quote
xbmcdoc Offline
1) On the XDA forum, which provides that build states the "CVBS video output don't work". Haven't seen anyone report that they fixed that. as of October 20, 2014 the bug remains. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...count=1059

2) HDMI is required to boot up as it determines if the screen is able to display the output being sent.
(This post was last modified: 2014-12-23 23:24 by xbmcdoc.)
find quote
markcf105 Offline
has a linux build for kodi been developed? I have looked through this forum but could not see anything.

Thanks
find quote
bobones Offline
There are OpenELEC builds with Helix for various AMLogic boxes, but MX Linux as discussed in this thread has not yet been updated.
find quote