• 104(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Good morning all you wonderful & helpful people out there, another day another problem & again with a "cyclone nano slim 2 (M6)". This one has Jynxbox M6 firmware on which I can't get off to upgrade. I turn the box on & up comes the screen "JYNXBOX M6" it then changes to loading & then to start up & xbmc shows up, I have been trying to put Auxbox 14.2 on, so I d/loaded the file & unzipped it put it on a micro sd put it into the box (powered off) & then held the reset button whilst powering up but nothing happens I do not get the recovery screen just the Jynxbox M6 logo &that just sits there for as long as you wait. The only way I can get to the recovery screen is by removing the sd card. but if I try with sd card inserted it will not enter recovery. Any suggestions gratefully accepted solutions even more so. Thanks in advance.
I am not familiar with your box but atv1200 recovery screen has several choices and one of them allows you to browse for a file to start updating firmware. You could insert SD card once you boot to the recovery screen and select the relevant file. BTW this mode allows installation from usb key also, at least I believe so, you just have to know which file to select to run. SD card is normally stipulated for firmware installs because the 'box knows' to automatically look for firmware on SD, not USB port.

This is how the flashing to 'beta 1080p' firmware is done on Android 4.2, not sure if that might solve your problem. Check out the video where it shows the recovery screen options.
http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1762
(2015-08-11, 19:49)retsibsi Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 17:16)p_turner_uk Wrote: I have now tried the revert to android on the Ember site and still the same..... guess I'm stuck with what I have. I hope this doesn't happen on my other boxes otherwise I have 3 atv1200s all with Ember 1.00.

Thanks anyway all Smile

No, you can revert back to android but you'll have to use the pin shorting method I'm afraid. I also found that the revert files for Ember didn't work and had to go the long long route... it took several attempts but the boxes can be reverted to android (I used the instructions and files I found on the forum at http://www.mygicasupport.com/ and then brought it up to the latest version of android)
(Since then I installed Ember 2.0.2 and it works fine)

Hi again... I'm still having trouble getting the pin shortening to work When you say "I used the instructions and files I found on the forum at http://www.mygicasupport.com" could you point me specifically to the bit you mean??

Many thanks

Pete
I just managed a factory reset and wiped the cache partition.... I got there by accident as I had only held down reset for a second with pins bridged... my hand slipped and the reset button was no longer depressed so I figured "oh well better start again" took my hand of the bridged pins and into recovery it went...... weird.
(2015-04-29, 09:13)raymw Wrote: With the pin shorting technique I have noticed that nothing happens even holding the shorting pins and the reset button in for a couple of minutes BUT if you then simply remove the pin shorting and reset button, power off the box and reboot still with the boot SD card in and just the reset button held in (no need to short the pins again this time) then you will get into old normal recovery mode. Then simply reboot with the Ember convert file set SD card in instead and of course just the reset button held in for 10-15 seconds in the normal way and bingo you have Ember V1.0.0

Sorted it out...... exactly how raymw said in the above quoted post.... thanks!
(2015-08-23, 13:32)p_turner_uk Wrote: I just managed a factory reset and wiped the cache partition.... I got there by accident as I had only held down reset for a second with pins bridged... my hand slipped and the reset button was no longer depressed so I figured "oh well better start again" took my hand of the bridged pins and into recovery it went...... weird.
Yes, I've noticed this too. Simply shorting the pins is enough. It's a good thing because you need three hands otherwise.
Hi guys

How easy is it to set up a VPN on EMBER?

Thanks
Hi all I just tried to load Version 2. Helix 14.1 Compiled 20-03-15 or Helix 14.2 Compiled 14-04-15
onto my mx box which I had linux on and all I get is its trying to load with the penguin and it just keeps repeating and doesnt go any further than this. I thought that my box is bricked so I tried to install it back to factory image using the recovery img and i cant get anywhere with it. I had origianly had android on the box so I changed it to linux via android. It has been working fine for a while with version 12.4, I was using a file from andriod gadget from uk and today i wanted to download the lastest kodi for it and now Im stuck it just keeps showing the penguin with a progress bar under it and just,keeps trying to do the same thing over and over and help would be great thanksConfused
Hi AuxBox are you going to bring out a kodi 15.1 build on mx linux
Update I tried a orginal mx linux file from android gadget and I got my box back ...had to leave it for a few minutes...It was showing a screen just like android where u could select reboot of system,applyupdate from adb,apply update from ext etc etc....I think my mistake was trying to install a recovery file instead of a update..I have the update file..mx linux stvmx update that I might try now to see if I can get latest
Hi, I've been trying to put the linux 14.2 (Aubox) from page 1 of this thread on to a droid player box "aml8726 mx" with a "meson m6 g02 customer platform" without any success at all, has anyone any idea where I can get a linux build for this? I've tried downloading a few files for the mx but none of them are recognised. Thanks in advance, any suggestions gratefully received.
Hi guys

have just put OE on my MX2 but it is 5.0.3 would like to update but not sure which version to grab or if even if there is an update ?

Thanks
hi all,
I have e520, instaled 1.0.1 but i have network problem.
Don see any wi-fi, and my ethernet network connection is not connected.
In the Kodi all I can see is 127.0.0.1 as my DNS.
everything else is blank.

help Big Grin
The 520 boxes have never been able to support WiFi since Frodo 12.4 due to the incompatibility of the Broadcom WiFi hardware installed and no suitable drivers being included with all Linux XBMC/KODI builds since Frodo 12.4. You need to go back to using the old Frodo 12.3 for WiFi support or do what most do and use the far better later firmware and use an Ethernet wired connection to your box. Another choice is to get one of those small cheap WiFi repeater boxes that has an Ethernet output so once set up (and you may need help with that) you do not then need to run untidy long Ethernet Cat 5e/6 cables across the floor or have them properly installed to your TV room as I have done here.

Better way still if you want WiFi and the latest and greatest firmware is to get yourself a decent ATV1200 or ATV1220 box which do not have the incompatible Broadcom WiFi chipset. I still use an ATV1200 with the latest MX Linux Helix 14.2 build and it is excellent as indeed are the ATV1220 boxes which are still available. They are cheap enough boxes if you are prepared to do all the work yourself in changing the Android bloatware to Linux and set up all the required add-ons and settings yourself. You will pay a justifiable premium price of course if you buy an already installed Linux based KODI system box where a lot of work has been put in on your behalf, but it of course is a far easier and reliable option for most folk who are not techy whiz kids and do not want to risk bricking their box.
Cheers
Raymw
(2015-08-23, 15:33)p_turner_uk Wrote:
(2015-04-29, 09:13)raymw Wrote: With the pin shorting technique I have noticed that nothing happens even holding the shorting pins and the reset button in for a couple of minutes BUT if you then simply remove the pin shorting and reset button, power off the box and reboot still with the boot SD card in and just the reset button held in (no need to short the pins again this time) then you will get into old normal recovery mode. Then simply reboot with the Ember convert file set SD card in instead and of course just the reset button held in for 10-15 seconds in the normal way and bingo you have Ember V1.0.0

Sorted it out...... exactly how raymw said in the above quoted post.... thanks!

So I put Ember 1.0 on my box and then it went wonky so I decided that
I would put mx linux back on it.

I bricked it and have tried many things to get the boot screen up that
were suggested in the post.

Here's what I have been trying lately:
I have a black screen.
I bridged the pins and hold in reset for 2 mins, with the empty boot disk in.
Turn off.
Restart the box with just the reset button pressed and the empty boot
disk for 15 to 20 seconds. I get nothing.
I still have a black screen.
Should I just keep trying or try something else?
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5