• 130(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
I thought about it and at the moment I don't have with me one of those I use, the Rii mini keyboard. I suppose I can unplug this USB keyboard from this computer I write this on and plug it in and see, it is Logitech K120 their second most basic model I believe. Wink
--------------
Wow, thanks ed, the keyboard works Smile
I will replug it back and replace the remote conf file back to what it was when it worked and see if it will work again.

Bummer I don't know how to copy the file over in Kodi File Manager using a keyboard. On remote I would press that button with three lines on it... Maybe I should just FTP into the box, what is the root pas for Ember?

OK its fixed, I had to use mouse, allow it first in settings using keyboard... then pressing right button popped up the context menu allowing me to copy.
Funny thing is, the existing remote.conf file was listed there at zero bytes, probably the copy I did putting in rays conf file somehow failed and I didn't notice it read zero bytes. Now after copy it said right away some 2.51 kB.
Since Reboot in the Power menu doesn't work and neither does timer shutdown (only standby works), I copied in ray's file again making sure it is the 810 bytes after copy but that doesn't change anything, just Standby works, that is besides the Home choice.
I would love to use this box as frontend for mythtv 0.27, and the pvr addon is compatible only on gotham and not on 12.3 frodo.

Great work! I think Linux xbmc compared to Android is much more responsive.
(2016-10-05, 07:14)van141 Wrote: I thought about it and at the moment I don't have with me one of those I use, the Rii mini keyboard. I suppose I can unplug this USB keyboard from this computer I write this on and plug it in and see, it is Logitech K120 their second most basic model I believe. Wink
--------------
I will replug it back and replace the remote conf file back to what it was when it worked and see if it will work again.

Bummer I don't know how to copy the file over in Kodi File Manager using a keyboard. On remote I would press that button with three lines on it... Maybe I should just FTP into the box, what is the root pas for Ember?

OK its fixed, I had to use mouse, allow it first in settings using keyboard... then pressing right button popped up the context menu allowing me to copy.
Funny thing is, the existing remote.conf file was listed there at zero bytes, probably the copy I did putting in rays conf file somehow failed and I didn't notice it read zero bytes. Now after copy it said right away some 2.51 kB.
Since Reboot in the Power menu doesn't work and neither does timer shutdown (only standby works), I copied in ray's file again making sure it is the 810 bytes after copy but that doesn't change anything, just Standby works, that is besides the Home choice.

The remote.conf file I last posted was for the MXQ M12 metal cased box. Also what version of EmbER are youj usign as you should now be on V4.0.0 Some earlier versions of EmbER did not recognise some files placed in the /root/Configs folder before but you are safe with EmbER V4.0.0 which we all should be usign now anyway. I understand that V4.0.1 is imminent too.

As to wireless keyboards well I stroingly recommend the Logitec K400r as it is excellent, high quality and has an excellent mouse pad built in that works very smoothly with my MXQ M12 box and was good with my old MyGica ATV1220T too. Microsoft make a very similar wireless keyboard with mouse pad too and I understand from contacts that this model works well too and at a similar price as well (about £25 - £30 so reasonable price too for such high quality well featured products).
Cheers
Raymw
(2016-08-14, 02:20)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2016-08-14, 01:58)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2016-08-14, 01:41)AuXBoX Wrote: Hi Ed you can try
OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-X8HP-6.0.1.zip

for the Neo X8-H Plus

Nothing for the GBox Q2 yet

Thanks.
Is there anything for JARVIS LibreELEC preferably a dual boot, but if not NAND is good?

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Try https://mega.nz/#!nlRmhBrC!T94e24T78o_-V...RRCVAG684k for Jarvis from NAND on X8-H Plus. Nothing for SDCard yet

(2016-10-26, 15:09)raymw Wrote:
(2016-10-05, 07:14)van141 Wrote: I thought about it and at the moment I don't have with me one of those I use, the Rii mini keyboard. I suppose I can unplug this USB keyboard from this computer I write this on and plug it in and see, it is Logitech K120 their second most basic model I believe. Wink
--------------

The remote.conf file I last posted was for the MXQ M12 metal cased box. Also what version of EmbER are youj usign as you should now be on V4.0.0 Some earlier versions of EmbER did not recognise some files placed in the /root/Configs folder before but you are safe with EmbER V4.0.0 which we all should be usign now anyway. I understand that V4.0.1 is imminent too.

As to wireless keyboards well I stroingly recommend the Logitec K400r as it is excellent, high quality and has an excellent mouse pad built in that works very smoothly with my MXQ M12 box and was good with my old MyGica ATV1220T too. Microsoft make a very similar wireless keyboard with mouse pad too and I understand from contacts that this model works well too and at a similar price as well (about £25 - £30 so reasonable price too for such high quality well featured products).
I have got that dual core atv1200 box now as recommended so would appreciate if you can send me the link for the Linux Helix 14.0 compile for it so I can test it out. Many thanks in advance mate.
@h_hung
Try this i think this was it
Linux Helix 14.0 compile
Press THANK USER if I Help
Where i find software for M8S+ (s812)?
(2016-11-02, 15:51)cityboy19 Wrote: Where i find software for M8S+ (s812)?

Sorry but AFAIK it is not available for EmbER for that box at this time, and not sure whether it ever will be. It is why we all opt for the superb MXQ M12 metal cased S805 device which works brilliantly with EmbER and is a great and capable quad core box. Works flawlessly for me I must say and most folk I know who have this box running the latest EmbER V4 firmware. Does everything I throw at it so personally IMHO I do not need more or is there any need to pay any higher prices at this time. Also very good prices available too.
Cheers
Raymw
Try asking here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html
Hello, my brother has this box Image

I Installed him Spmc ( old) from the play store , because with normal kodi the hardware aceleration didn't work. With this build of spmc , HA works ok but the interface its very sluggy and can't output 1080p.

Will Ember run in 1080p/60fps? and is compatible with all the normal addons of kodi?
(2016-11-09, 01:40)Hammurabi Wrote: Hello, my brother has this box Image

I Installed him Spmc ( old) from the play store , because with normal kodi the hardware aceleration didn't work. With this build of spmc , HA works ok but the interface its very sluggy and can't output 1080p.

Will Ember run in 1080p/60fps? and is compatible with all the normal addons of kodi?

I'm pretty sure this will run 1080p/60fps
I have a similar one to this at home

Ember is compatible with most addons.
Press THANK USER if I Help
I need help! I tried to put ember in my brothers box and now its always with red light, the box dont boot. I read this in the ember webpage " In order for this software to be installed cleanly on your device, your device must first be running the firmware provided by us for reverting your system back to it's original operating system (Android or otherwise). " so i downloaded the revert to android os files , put them in the sd card and did the toothpick reset, but it got stuck in the loading screen before android, so I disconnected the device and now its always in red.
(2016-11-14, 01:41)Hammurabi Wrote: I need help! I tried to put ember in my brothers box and now its always with red light, the box dont boot. I read this in the ember webpage " In order for this software to be installed cleanly on your device, your device must first be running the firmware provided by us for reverting your system back to it's original operating system (Android or otherwise). " so i downloaded the revert to android os files , put them in the sd card and did the toothpick reset, but it got stuck in the loading screen before android, so I disconnected the device and now its always in red.

Well first of all we need to know the make and model of your box. Then maybe folk here can help you.
Cheers
Raymw
(2016-11-15, 07:44)raymw Wrote: Well first of all we need to know the make and model of your box. Then maybe folk here can help you.

CMX box , this is the board:

I read something about shorting pins, but I don't know...
I can finally boot into android, but only with the sd card inserted. I used this method to create a bootable sd:

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/how-to-un...nutes.html

The problem is that in my box it doens't flash the bootloader in nand when I boot into Android, so if i plug in the box without the sd card inserted, i get red light.

I did enter to recovery but in apply update from ext , the sd cars appears empty , i dont know why, and then i can't select any firmware.

UPDATE, Finally got android flashed again, the system boots without the sd card inserted. NOW after this was done, I tried to install EMBER again and the box got bricked again, this time I needed to short the pins to unbrick.

So before I try again to flash ember, can you raymw explain to me the exact process?

When I inserted the SD card and booted, after the logo of my box , the box went red and it stayed that way , so I disconnected. When Ember is installing this is normal or not? Or its like an android firmware, that the light stays blue all the time? Please explain.
(2016-11-18, 08:25)Hammurabi Wrote: I can finally boot into android, but only with the sd card inserted. I used this method to create a bootable sd:

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/how-to-un...nutes.html

The problem is that in my box it doens't flash the bootloader in nand when I boot into Android, so if i plug in the box without the sd card inserted, i get red light.

I did enter to recovery but in apply update from ext , the sd cars appears empty , i dont know why, and then i can't select any firmware.

UPDATE, Finally got android flashed again, the system boots without the sd card inserted. NOW after this was done, I tried to install EMBER again and the box got bricked again, this time I needed to short the pins to unbrick.

So before I try again to flash ember, can you raymw explain to me the exact process?

When I inserted the SD card and booted, after the logo of my box , the box went red and it stayed that way , so I disconnected. When Ember is installing this is normal or not? Or its like an android firmware, that the light stays blue all the time? Please explain.

Sorry my friend but I am not that familiar with those CMX boxes as I have always preferred and used the MyGica boxes ATV1200 and ATV1220 until earlier this year. I now only use the MXQ M12 metal cased box and have no problems with that at all, brilliant problem free boxes running EmbER V4.0.0. Maybe someone else here who uses these CMX boxes can help you ?? .

I did once flash a CMX box to EmbER some time ago but cannot tremember any problems with doing so and my customer who brought it cheap off me is very happy with it after all this time. I recommend just getting one of the metal cased MXQ M12 boxes as they are so cheap, and flashign that with the appropriate version of EmbER rather than giving yourself a load of hassle with the old CMX box, unless of course you like the challenge and have the spare time.

Sorry I cannot be of any more help, but I was hoping I could help if you had one of the regular MyGica M6 boxes.
Cheers
Raymw
  • 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5