Nightly now stuck in "mute" mode.
Seen a few other threads on this historically.

Yes, sorry I'm using a nightly, I've tried the last 3 of them.
With Aeon Nox or stock Confluence skin, I'm stuck in mute, F8 does nothing, F9 does nothing, HTPC re-booted, sound is working fine from VLC

Unsure what's causing this, anyone got any ideas? I feel like the mute mapping has somehow changed, I've hit it or somerhing but it can no longer be pressed?
Anyone got ideas?
raise the volume, usually the '+' button on the keyboard.

if you have the tvtunes addon installed, that might have been the cause for the muting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I've tried + too, no luck, I'll look for this TVTunes thing - thanks
Ok wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this is the most obscure goddamn thing ever, the chance of this thread helping ANYONE else is microscopic.

I fixed it. I renamed my XBMC profile directory, opened it again as if I was a new user.
As soon as it opened my volume slider slid down - I watched it do it, to the mute position.

Since the keyboard was on my lap at the time I knew no buttons were being held down, then I remembered I'm currently charging my PS4 (DS4) controller on my HTPC at the moment.
Sure enough, pick that up and hold down the left trigger and the volume starts going back to normal.

Crazy, completely crazy - so it's fixed, thanks. Hell of an obscure one. As par the course for stuff I find :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly now stuck in "mute" mode.0