Win Can not install any skin to Frodo! only getting install failed.
Hi, Big Grin

i can not install any skin to Frodo. Confused

The log says that there is a MD5 mismatch after downloading the skin.

I've even tried installing manually by downloading the zipfile directly to my PC,
then add and install it from zipfile within XBMC, but that does not work either!

been trying all day to add and install new skins, no success. Sad

So will this issue be solved by it self and when it's solved I can just add and install normal again? Undecided
or do I have to do something to get it to be able to install skins again, now I'm only getting install failed.

Big Grin

And is the problem on my end? software bug? the server?

yesterday I was still able to install new skins, today not, with the problems like I've mentioned above.
Hi, I've just googled this and come across your post.

The exact same thing is happening to me just today.

I've tried raspbmc on Raspberry Pi, Openelec on Raspberry Pi, and XBMC on my Windows desktop, and on all 3 system the same error occurs..........."installation failed".

I guess it must be a common problem that should hopefully be fixed by xbmc soon?

Cheers
This is happening to me also, never used xbmc before today and I cant install any addons at all... must be a common error
Glad to see I'm not the only one, but I'm surprised that not many people are mentioning it in the forums, this is a huge issue!

Today as of 12/16/2013 skin installs add on's are still not achievable.
Quote:We are still experiencing difficulties with Add-on downloads. Please bear with us while we're trying to resolve the issue.
There is an announcement at the top of the first page on the forum.

Smile
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2013-12-16, 01:43)MassIV Wrote:
Quote:We are still experiencing difficulties with Add-on downloads. Please bear with us while we're trying to resolve the issue.
There is an announcement at the top of the first page on the forum.

Smile

Ok thanks. Big Grin Hope they fix the skin add-on issue soon.

Are there any alternative websites that I can download non error skins zip file from and install them using the zipfile install method?

Just for the time being.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not install any skin to Frodo! only getting install failed.0