Music streaming and playing 24bit FLAC questions
For a while now I've been satisfied with iTunes and Airplay but after hearing some 24bit FLAC I'd like to start ripping CD's into FLAC and buying 24bit FLAC when I can but this also means I will have to leave ITunes and Airplay which I'm totally ok with. I already started to migrate to MediaMonkey so I'm already making the adjustments.

So I've been messing around with XBMC and music this last week and see it will play 24bit FLAC. With a XBMC remote app I found I can control my htpc without the TV on to play music. So since I'm new to steaming music with XBMC I have some questions.

What kind of audio output is the minimum requirement so Xbmc won't down sample it? I'm not even sure if it will but all I have is a 5.1 receiver with no HDMI right now.

Is it better to use DLNA or SMB if it matters?

Is Xbmc capable of playing / streaming 2 channel hi res consistently? What about OpenELEC?

I hear a lot about using a DAC, is it always needed or just user preference?

What are you running for a headless system playing music in your house that's DIY?

#4- running a pivos xios, with audio files from 192kbps mp3 to 24 bit wav files. absolutely no problems. have even set up the remote on others phones, and they were able to add to the playlist during a party. best system for the money :-)
yatse remote for android. i set up constellation on my brothers ipad, and it seemed cool, but i have no other experience with apple
(2013-12-17, 05:38)wes paich Wrote: #4- running a pivos xios, with audio files from 192kbps mp3 to 24 bit wav files. absolutely no problems. have even set up the remote on others phones, and they were able to add to the playlist during a party. best system for the money :-)
yatse remote for android. i set up constellation on my brothers ipad, and it seemed cool, but i have no other experience with apple

Very cool! Is the Pivos ruunning Android or Linux XBMC?

running linux, it was a snap to install. tho i hear the android build has come far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music streaming and playing 24bit FLAC questions0