**SOLVED** Sounds suddenly dissappeared
I was going to start a Movie for my son when I noticed that only the sound was playing and no video. When I tried to do anything I realized that the Picture has frozen and I couldnt do anything, only thing working was the sound from the Movie.

The only thing I could do was pull the Power-Cable to get a restart. Now The sound is gone. The Movies are playing but there is no sound. Im using HDMI. I Went through the settings but they seems alright...

any idea?
Have you muted the audio?
Sadly no. I tried to mute/unmute as well. :/
Do you get any audio out from headphones jack? I've had a couple of issues where my sd card has become slightly corrupt and has caused odd results - a reinstall has fixed them. You could try deleting your userdata folder and it will be created - might be worth a try before reinstalling if you can't track the issue down.

Have you checked your debug_log (wiki)?
Yepp, sound comes out through headphones.

Im kind of new to this, how do I delete the userdata folder?
If sounds come out of your headphones, it might be worth going through all of your audio settings again and double checking that they are all OK.

What do you currently have them set to?
Hehe.. I goggled some, I deleted some =) Now I got default settings again, problem is my Connection to SMB-folders is timing out somehow.

So I just reinstalled raspberry. My 3 year old son won over my "want to try to fix it". So I took the easy way out which I know works(I truly hope so)...
This was really messed up.. I reallly wanna see if anyone can explain it.

I reinstalled the SD-Card with raspbmc and still no sound.(In the living room)

I then go to my other raspberry pi and put the SD-card in that box(Bedroom)and the sound is working there (I bought both pi's at the same time and they are identical, 1 for the living room and 1 for bedroom)

I then take the SD-card from the bedroom(which have been working the whole time) and put it in livingroom-box and sound is also work there now(so there isnt any problem with Circuit board I guess)

Then finally I take the SD-card which had problem and put it back in the livingroom without I have made any Changes and suddenly it starts to work there as well....

Problem... No idea how to get it to work if I havnt had 2 boxes...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
**SOLVED** Sounds suddenly dissappeared0