• 17(current)
Release Internet Archive - archive.org
@gujal

Gujal, thanks for the fix.  I have been testing with The World at War (1973) - Thames Television

The thumbnail for the series is now present in Favourites and both of the eps that I tested in Favourites now play with both audio and video.  Great!

I don't often use Favourites but with a video collection as huge as archive,org, I think it is a must if you stumble on something that you want to watch later.

The only other issue I've seen so far is Kodi often crashing when stopping a video or FWDing the video.  But I'm assuming that is archive.org and not the addon.

I'll keep playing with it and let you know of any issues as IMO it is one of the more important addons.  You can't have a free video repository that big and not have an addon for it. 

Thanks again for all the effort you have put into it.
@gujal -

Nice to see the audio and video portions unified in a single add-on again. I haven't noticed any bugs in Alpha2, but a couple of nitpicks from me:

1. Not particularly fond of the green text in the category listings. Perhaps the available items could be appended inside brackets [] or parenthesis () rather than in color? Not a big deal as I could always go into the main.py file and hack this to something more to my liking.

2. Would like to see playlist functionality available again. This is especially important on the audio side. If I want to play an entire album from an artist, I have to select each song one at a time every few minutes which is tedious and kind of spoils the listening experience.

Otherwise you've done an outstanding job here! Thanks so much for bringing this back to life so we can all enjoy the immense amount of content available from the Internet Archive! Cool
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2024-04-11, 21:37)MetalChris Wrote: @gujal -

Nice to see the audio and video portions unified in a single add-on again. I haven't noticed any bugs in Alpha2, but a couple of nitpicks from me:

1. Not particularly fond of the green text in the category listings. Perhaps the available items could be appended inside brackets [] or parenthesis () rather than in color? Not a big deal as I could always go into the main.py file and hack this to something more to my liking.

2. Would like to see playlist functionality available again. This is especially important on the audio side. If I want to play an entire album from an artist, I have to select each song one at a time every few minutes which is tedious and kind of spoils the listening experience.

Otherwise you've done an outstanding job here! Thanks so much for bringing this back to life so we can all enjoy the immense amount of content available from the Internet Archive! Cool

1. Can be done easily as you say
2. When playing songs, you can go into context menu of the first song and select "Play from here" which should build the playlist and play all the listed songs one after the other

Update: Ah I see what you mean with the audio as it is a dialog. Will see if I can turn it into a playlist. Good suggestion!
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
@MetalChris Can you replace the main.py with the below one and test. This one has both your requests implemented
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gujal00/Kodi-Official/new/ia/plugin.video.archive.org/resources/lib/main.py

Please report back if any issue
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2024-03-25, 19:51)barney63 Wrote: The World at War is a series consisting of 37 episodes.  I did a search on The World at War and it brought up many of the individual episodes.

Halfway down the page of search results is one called The World at War (1973) - Thames Television.  That is the entire series of 37 episodes.
@gujal

Another nitpicky ask

Is there a way (ie an icon or text) to show whether a result is a single episode or part of a full season or entire series.  Although much of the time it is obvious ie (The World at War Season 1) or (The World at War Eps 17) sometimes the title might just say The World at War and only be a single episode.

Is there a graphic or text way (ie file folder or (Series)) to symbolize a series or season as different from a single episode so if you have a page of search results you know what to try.

Here's an example in text form (Series) found in Tubi

Not sure if that is possible or makes sense, I'm just asking.  Thanks
(2024-04-13, 05:13)gujal Wrote: @MetalChris Can you replace the main.py with the below one and test. This one has both your requests implemented
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gujal00/Kodi-Official/new/ia/plugin.video.archive.org/resources/lib/main.py

Please report back if any issue

This is much better, but -

I actually envisioned behavior similar to previous versions where rather than starting playback when selecting an album, each album would open into it's own folder with all the tracks listed and the user could then use the context menu to play all or select a single track. With this main.py file, when selecting an album the playlist seems to start ok, but then always skips over the first track and starts playing the second. Otherwise a definite step in the right direction though, and once an album starts playing it's easy enough to open the current playlist in Kodi and jump back to the first track (or select another if desired). I did test this on 4 of my systems (1 running Kodi 20.2, 2 running 19.5, and 1 running 19.3).

Example: Jimi Hendrix Valleys of Neptune. The first track is Stone Free, but this track gets skipped (or aborted) and the second track, Valleys of Neptune begins playing.

Here's a debug log: https://pastebin.com/d27ANKQ2
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2024-04-13, 16:20)MetalChris Wrote: With this main.py file, when selecting an album the playlist seems to start ok, but then always skips over the first track and starts playing the second. Otherwise a definite step in the right direction though, and once an album starts playing it's easy enough to open the current playlist in Kodi and jump back to the first track (or select another if desired). I did test this on 4 of my systems (1 running Kodi 20.2, 2 running 19.5, and 1 running 19.3).

Example: Jimi Hendrix Valleys of Neptune. The first track is Stone Free, but this track gets skipped (or aborted) and the second track, Valleys of Neptune begins playing.

Here's a debug log: https://pastebin.com/d27ANKQ2
Yes I noticed this too but am stumped as to why. If you look at the debug log, for the first file it picks up both VideoPlayer and PAPlayer as the suitable players and then kills both of them. For the second file onwards, it uses the correct player which is PAPlayer.

The reason i made playlist instead of directory is because of other video items where the item is playable directly and adding directory there would mean one more menu which just a single item. As this is a combined addon i had the audio one run as a playlist instead. Will see if I can replicate the behaviour you are used to
(2024-04-13, 06:40)barney63 Wrote: @gujal

Another nitpicky ask

Is there a way (ie an icon or text) to show whether a result is a single episode or part of a full season or entire series.  Although much of the time it is obvious ie (The World at War Season 1) or (The World at War Eps 17) sometimes the title might just say The World at War and only be a single episode.

Is there a graphic or text way (ie file folder or (Series)) to symbolize a series or season as different from a single episode so if you have a page of search results you know what to try.

Not sure if that is possible or makes sense, I'm just asking.  Thanks

Unfortunately it is not possible as the query response does not have that kind of details. However the titles and descriptions shown are quite informative to indicate whether it is a single episode or multiple

For example this one says it is a single episode
Thanks for getting back to me.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the crashing problems I do.  I don't think it's the addon but when I stop a video more often than not it crashes, same for advancing the video.
(2024-04-13, 23:00)gujal Wrote: Yes I noticed this too but am stumped as to why. If you look at the debug log, for the first file it picks up both VideoPlayer and PAPlayer as the suitable players and then kills both of them. For the second file onwards, it uses the correct player which is PAPlayer.

Well this gave me an idea. I tried using the context menu to select PAPlayer thinking it might play the first track, but the results were the same.

(2024-04-13, 23:00)gujal Wrote: The reason i made playlist instead of directory is because of other video items where the item is playable directly and adding directory there would mean one more menu which just a single item. As this is a combined addon i had the audio one run as a playlist instead.

And this is why I never unified the two add-ons I had created, though I always had it on my list of things to do. It just would have been way too complicated for me to account for the differing types of meta data and seemingly random assortment of playlists and file types available without using a gazillion try/except and if/else statements. My add-ons were slow and clunky enough as it was. Wink

(2024-04-13, 23:00)gujal Wrote: Will see if I can replicate the behaviour you are used to

Don't make it a priority on my account. The latest change you've implemented is a definite improvement, and is certainly much better than having to select and play each track individually. Cool
(2024-04-14, 00:36)MetalChris Wrote: My add-ons were slow and clunky enough as it was.

WatchYour.TV is still holding up well.  I don't know why but it feels different from other addons.  The content is like time travel, thanks for doing it.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive - archive.org0