How to get the best deinterlacing with OpenELEC?
And btw. can't you try OpenELEC 5.0.8 from USB stick?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-05-04, 13:56)fritsch Wrote: nomodeset disables KMS and all gpu acceleration won't work. Try with 15.04, please - as 14.04 has a bug on exactly your A4 ... (when you don't manually update the kernel to 3.16)

(2015-05-04, 13:59)fritsch Wrote: And btw. can't you try OpenELEC 5.0.8 from USB stick?

Excellent information and suggestion.
I just tried the oss driver within Linux mint but got software rendering and artifacts.

I now will try your suggestions. Thanks for the help.
I will post back with the results
Well, just tried ubuntu 15.04 x64 server edition and got all messed up screen again.
Now I'll try x86 to see if that works.
x86 won't change a thing.

Try OpenELEC from an usb stick.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I had some problems getting the USB to boot, but now it did.
There was no live boot option so I had to overwrite the already existing linux mint installation and grub menu (that'll give me some trouble later this day when I want to revert back to windows + mediaportal)

Like I said, I got the USB booting and installed OpenElec 5.0.8-EFI.
After that I rebooted and hoped for the best.
I cheered when the OpenElec logo showed up but got dissapointed to see all the messed up screen again.
One thing however went better than all previous linux attempts, I got my mouse cursor to work, but that's it.
I also tried to put my Asus F1A75-m bios to default values but it did not made any difference.
For the record, my bios forces the APU graphics on HDM with 1GB ram.

Any other ideas or do I have to give up?
I just realized that I had a passive low profile HD5450 card in my desktop system upstairs. I switched with another and took the card downstairs to my HTPC.
I put it in and booted.
Voila, screen without problems.
I think I have to go this route because forcing to do everything with the a4-3400 never gave good results and this actually works out of the box.

Thanks for all your effort and help.
I'm going to experiment a bit with kodi now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get the best deinterlacing with OpenELEC?0