MCE Remote with xbmc
hey,
wondering if anyone can help with this. i setup xbmc and used a rc6 mce remote (running windows 7) a few years ago. i used the guide shown here http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/
this worked fine for years but i recently built a new htpc and have tried to set it up again but am having trouble.
I've run the auto installer from that site, checked that auto hotkey is installed and running the script, xbmc is configured to accept keypresses etc.
most of the buttons are working as normal except the following issues:

pressing the green windows button is launching windows media center instead of xbmc
-i've read the section on that site for this and tried doing what it says but its made no difference.

adjusting the volume with the remote works but doesnt show the volume display in xbmc ( i presume its just adjusting the windows volume and not xbmc's)

The only difference between this and my old setup is that i am now using a streacom case and ir reciever(built into the front of the case, instead of the old usb rc6 reciever)

the keyboard shortcut ctrl alt and enter seems to launch xbmc fine

any ideas?
sorry if this is a bit vaugue, please let me know what info you need to be able to assist me.
You can try my mce remote mapper tool to configure the buttons.
thanks for the sugestion, still having difficulty getting it to work though Sad
i configured in there like this:
i think D0 is the correct id for the green windows button
i set it to press ctrl alt return (which if done with the keyboard, launches xbmc)

yet the log in auto hotkey says its doing alt windows enter?
i've even set every button in that remapper program to send the keys ctrl alt return and then restarted the pc, yet it still launches media center instead Confused it doesnt seem to have any influence on that particular button.

this is getting a bit confusing, how should i be configuring this?

trying to make sense of this but its a bit over my head, not even sure if its any use for my situation:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows
See my signature to get my version of the mapper tool. You should run it as admin. D0 is digit '0'. The mce green button is 'Windows'. You can also use my xbmclauncher to start xbmc with the remote. During installation select the custom mce remote option.
thanks, i tried your remapper but still seem to be getting the same result Sad
i dont seem to be able to remap this remote, not even the volume buttons can be changed. (made sure im running as admin)
i havent tried the xbmc launcher, that will be my last resort and still wont allow me change the volume buttons.

edit: ive narrowed the issue down a bit, it seems to be related to the streacom ir reciever. if i connect my old ehome usb one it works ok.
would be nice to be able to use the one intergrated to the case though, it says on their site that its compatable with xbmc. maybe something i need to configure in the firmware.

edit2:
had a play with this tool and managed to get the windows key working to launch xbmc
now when i try to amend any other button i get a runtime error :@
this tool appears to be a bit buggy, having trouble restoring the firmware too. i saved the current firmware, made some changed to the controls but then wanted to restore them so i tried to re flash using the backup, i got an error about a file mismatch.
saved another copy and it lets me restore that file fine, but i still get run time errors. seems to be a bit hit+miss Sad
The mapper tool works for mce remotes (ehome driver) only. Check eventghost if there is a plugin for your remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote with xbmc0