MOI DVB S2 resolution of streams
Hi,

Thinking of adding freesat HD to my XBMC and local network using this: http://www.buydvb.net/index.php?main_pag...ucts_id=88

The reviews look good, but I'm wondering how the resolution of the streams are handled. If I choose to watch a freesat HD channel via XBMC on a 1080p TV, will the quality and resolution be exactly like watching it live via a freesat HD box, or will it have been downgraded to stream it via the LAN?

Similar scenario, if I open a stream on my iPhone/iPad, what reolution would be displayed? Would it do similar to Plex and downgrade it for the device viewing it?

Thanks
AIUI the MOI doesn't do any processing to the received video and audio streams, what you get via the network connection is as encoded by the broadcaster, with no additional recompression.

In the UK this is likely to be 544x576, 704x576 or 720x576 for SD (there may be some 352x576 as well) For HD it is likely to be 1920x1080 (or possibly 1440x1080 - though I think few people are doing this now)
Thanks, this then seems a good way of having network streams without a 24/7 server being on to deliver the streams via a similar PCI card.

The only drawback on this is it says Apple devices should be jailbroken which as mine are work items, are not. It can deliver the streams to VLC so should work anyway without the need to jailbreak. (I guess)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MOI DVB S2 resolution of streams0