XBMC not scraping episodes that start with a digit followed by a symbol
Hello

Just noticed that few episodes were missing after doing clean install of Frodo. After checking it out I noticed that the xbmc is not scraping episodes that start with a digit and are followed with some symbol, like . or % or -.

For example - xbmc is not scraping these episodes:
Warehouse 13.S03E05.3...2...1....avi
South Park.S15E12.1%.avi
Nikita.S01E02.2.0.avi
Nikita.S03E01.3.0.avi
Futurama.S07E14.2-D Blacktop.mp4

However, xbmc is scraping these episodes:
American Dad!.S05E01.1600 Candles.avi
American Dad!.S07E01.100 A.D. (1).avi
Family Guy.S11E16.12 and a Half Angry Men.avi
The League.S04E11.12.12.12.mp4
Warehouse 13.S02E05.13.1.avi

Has anybody the same problem and if so, is there any solution? Is it a problem in xbmc or the scraper (I use thetvdb scraper)?
A Debug Log, as always, is the first place to look. It will quite clearly tell you why they're not being discovered. Usually it's because the default regular expressions are not hitting these episodes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

And I would name the episodes with a "-" instead of a "." between the episode numbering and the episode name anyhow.
(2013-12-19, 23:03)GregiBoy Wrote: And I would name the episodes with a "-" instead of a "." between the episode numbering and the episode name anyhow.

Thats is the only solution here nothing else will fix instead of a - or _ or . the bestone is a space. it is well documented in wiki I know because I put it there.

so

Warehouse 13.S03E05 3...2...1....avi
South Park.S15E12 1%.avi
Nikita.S01E02 2.0.avi
Nikita.S03E01 3.0.avi
Futurama.S07E14 2-D Blacktop.mp4

this way its not confused with multi episodes like S02E01E02E03 which is what is happening and then scrapes incorrect infoo because no such multiepisodes info exists..
Sorry for the late reply - but is this problem new in Frodo? I am almost certain that I had these episodes loaded in my library in Dharma or Eden.

Regarding the naming, will - and _ not cause the same problems as . ? The multiepisodes I have and are scraped correctly have - in the name. E.g.:
Friends.S10E17-18.The Last One (1) + The Last One (2)

I tried using - and it is not scraping correctly e.g.:
Nikita.S03E01-3.0.avi

So, do I understand correctly that the only correct naming convention is using ( ) (space)?

uNiversal - Where can I find this documentation? I was certain that I was naming my episodes correctly according to the naming convention (at least for Dharma/Eden).
The wiki....

Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows (wiki) look at the nikita reference...

Im surprised you are surprised that XBMC has evolved..
I would like to mention that this issue has been fixed for Gotham.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2935
Fantastic! Evolution right there at work... Which means wiki information is valid until such fix, and thereafter outdated for subsequent builds -> Gotham....

Great work scudlee... the scraper ninja...

Are you interested in movie set art/meta Wink?

@OP perhaps you can pick up the slack and update wiki.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not scraping episodes that start with a digit followed by a symbol0