Music by alpha letter?
New here, so please be patient.

I've used Meedio for years on a rig that just has music on it, but a dead HDD forced me to reinstall and during the process I went for XBMC. Loving it so far, even if it's only for my music, but have only one problem. I have 3k+ albums on the rig, and the library list is long. I'm using a remote and it takes ages to scroll down through everything. Hate to compare to Meedio, but I had that set up so when I clicked into my music library (by artist) it would show the alphabet, and I would click on the initial letter of the artist I wanted, and would then have a list of only those artists. Is there any way to set this up with XBMC?

Not a big problem, but would save me frustration if it was possible. Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

Cheers,

Zak
well i agree 200% with you and have been asking the same. i want to browse by Artist letter and not by album letters.
using the artist node doesn't work for my as i have way to many artists.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
You can go back/forward through the artist list letter by letter using the Next/PrevLetter actions. Just map 'em to your remote.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Lefthand sidebar/blade menu -> Filter would let you then type in "A" and just show everything starting with "A", etc. You can even do SMS (wiki) text entry on a remote with a keypad.
Thanks guy's. I didn't really understand it all, but you gave me more ideas to search for, and got the sms text working by adding JumpSMS entries to the keyboard.xml file.

Thanks again :-)

Zak
(2013-12-21, 03:14)jmarshall Wrote: You can go back/forward through the artist list letter by letter using the Next/PrevLetter actions. Just map 'em to your remote.

This is not true in the Album node. You can only do this by album title.
I want to browse the album node and jump by artist as i have the list sorted by Artist/year. JumpSMS by title in this sort mode is pointless
Hmm, doesn't it jump based on the sort order? That's the intention at least.

EDIT: Ah, it probably jumps based on the displayed label?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-12-22, 00:26)jmarshall Wrote: Hmm, doesn't it jump based on the sort order? That's the intention at least.

EDIT: Ah, it probably jumps based on the displayed label?

correct and displayed label is in this case the album title

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music by alpha letter?0